Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Slowly but surely

After many requests from certain family members, here are some pictures of our apartment. Now, remember, we are still working on this...and we still have MANY bins to unpack, but we are clearly making progress.

This is from June, when we first arrived. Note the bare feeling of the kitchen.Our empty closet in June.Our table with to-do lists before I left go back to Indiana. We love our kitchen table, it is the first piece of furniture that we bought together.Our guest bathroom, in all it's glory....clearly it needed some work! :)The master with Brad's old sheets on my old bed. This has been changed. Now...onto the chaos. This is after we got home from Maui. We were beginning to unpack all the gifts while doing our laundry and trying to figure out the space issue. We definitely had our work cut out for us.Our guest bedroom, our temporary storage unit.The kitchen as we unpacked and sent all our new things through the dishwasher.One word. Wow. Now, as we are beginning to make some progress, this is our one point of decoration. I realize that the picture is not the highest quality, sorry about that. Our master bathroom, as it slowly becomes our own place.The guest bathroom, and once we get our shower curtain it will look more put together.Look how the closet has improved! You can see the floor as we unpack more bins everyday!

The guest bedroom again, as our storage unit for some donations we have.
My pride and joy...the laundry hamper! I love it, and Brad is learning too!

Our kitchen now! Not so bad right? It's beginning to be cute! Note our vinegar and oil containers, my favorite parts of the kitchen!

This is important, notice all the tupperware containers! I am trying to be a good wife, and have been trying to cook every night! Brad told me not to cook tonight because our leftovers will go bad. :) I feel the importance of informing you of what these containers hold. We have some baked chicken, spaghetti, trotter's corn, fresh green beans, and a spinach salad! Woohoo look at us go!Our kitchen table is beginning to look more like a home.

Mom...this is for you. Look at the pillows! We have to buy one more green and blue one, but take note of what we bought! :)


One thing that hasn't changed, our view. We love the view from our porch. Brad, the good husband he is, has made us a table for our balcony, but it has not been relocated from Aaron and Shauna's quite yet. Soon, very soon! He did such a good job!

As for us! Life is good! We love being married! Learning to live with one another is an adventure, but we're having a great time! I have decided I have the best husband! He is good to me. I cook, and he does the dishes. He helps me with the laundry, and every morning he makes coffee and it is waiting for me when I get up after he leaves. He is amazing! Brad has been working different hours each week, and for the next two weeks will be on nights. Please pray for us as we figure out how our schedules will work together. Currently all is well, because I am not yet working, but we are still unsure how the schedules will mesh once I begin working because I won't have much say in my schedule in the beginning. We are taking comfort in knowing this won't be forever, it is just part of beginning new jobs. Brad is liking his job though, and that is awesome!

Since Brad has been in Austin he has been attending Austin Stone Community Church (http://www.austinstone.org), and we are hoping to get more involved and are considering making this our church home. We have met some AMAZING couples who love the Lord, and who have been wonderful friends to us. We began a nearly/newly married class this past week, and have a small group every Monday evening for this. We are in Aaron and Shauna's group, along with two other couples who seem really great! This weekend we have Lake Day with the class, so we're pumped!

We also have to go shopping this weekend! FOR A CAR! As much as I miss my little Saturn, and I miss her a TON, I am ready to have a car here. We haven't decided what we're buying yet, but we're pretty excited.

So there is my update for now. I have more unpacking to do, and we have an exterminator coming today, because we have some little ants who have decided to become our roommates and they are driving me CRAZY! Poor Brad, I think he is concerned about his wife's sanity. He is an extremely clean man, so I know this ant thing can't really be our fault, but I tell you what, AHHHH! So, this exterminator will be my best friend if he can rid us of our unwanted roomies.

3 comments:

LauraSuz said...

I got here through facebook…first and foremost, congratulations to you two! I always love finding people I know that have a blog too! Good luck with everything and God Bless

-Laura Di Fabio

Preston,Courtney, Callie, Addison and Finn said...

Rachael-
I love keeping up with you guys via the blog. I loved looking at your apartment. You are such a Proverbs 31 woman!! Keep that up.
Hey, welcome to the world of heat. It seems like there are always ants no matter how clean the house is. But there is a secret called Terro. It is in a orange box and I think you can buy it at Lowes. This is only if they are sweet ants. But it worked even for us with our Mexican ants!! We love you guys!!

Anonymous said...

Rach- I didn't realize the before pictures were "before" pictures lol and I was going to ask you what you have been doing while Brad has been at work these past couple weeks, but then I saw the rest...you look like you are getting the hang of the wife thing :) I must say that is a very, very nice vinegar and oil set! And the cooking thing lol. You were the girl I thought I would never convince to carry a purse, but look how far you've come. More than one purse and you can cook. I am so happy for both of you and I miss you tons! Lafayette isn't the same without ya.