Sunday, December 9, 2007

Party Time!!!

Who doesn't love Christmas parties?! We have been so excited all week for Aaron and Shauna's party, so in my anticipation I went a little Christmas and candy making CRAZY!! It was a fantastic day on Friday as I prepared! I even convinced Brad to get into the spirit..as you will soon see!These here are some candies for Brad with pecans and dark chocolate and pretzels. I do know these may not look so appetizing but he seemed to like them. These are my pride and joy! I LOVE these every Christmas when Nana makes them..and now I know how to make them..and they are delicious!Chocolate covered pretzels.

Chocolate covered strawberries...I told you I went a little crazy. This was all one day.
These were for my coworkers. I had to work on Saturday and I figured maybe I could score some brownie points with my coworkers for bringing in treats. Donna, my preceptor, used my treats to introduce me to doctors I hadn't met yet. I think it worked. So...as for our Christmas spirit. Brad and I thought it would be fun to wear crazy Christmas sweaters to our party on Saturday night. We picked them out for each other. Brad's is from Goodwill in the ladies section. It has some lace looking decorations...along with some glitter. It was perfect for the occasion! Mine, was from the little girls section at Kohl's. It has a jingle bell on the zipper, and on Rudolph's nose that jingle every time I take a step. I wish you could see them in the picture better...the reindeer are all on the bottom of my sweater! We had fun!!

During the white elephant gift exchange Adam got the light up nose. It was awesome. It blinks red. Tamara and James! We've missed them! They are the third couple in our small group!!Another picture with the sweaters..there's my reindeer!Katie and Evan! They're just awesome!

Overall, we had such a great time at the party! We had to be late since I worked, but it was so nice to just spend quality time with some friends! Not only that...we played Guesstures and Catch Phrase and those are ALWAYS a good time! The girls rocked out the Guesstures, (not with my help, as on my first time I got stuck on wounded) but during Catch Phrase I'm not actually sure who won. I'll go ahead and say the girls won though; who's counting? Around midnight my vision got blurry from being so tired, and we decided it was time to call it a night!

Today, we went to church, and then out for lunch with Katie and Evan, and Adam and Blair. We had some tasty McAllister's. I realized that since we got married we haven't been there ONCE! That's just crazy!! We made up for it though...don't you worry! After lunch we went shopping with Katie and Evan, and then watched some football. I was hoping to see the Patriots lose, but no such luck. All is good though, as the Colts are winning as I type this.

One little praise I would like to give is just for God's perfect timing. Today at church we celebrated the 5th birthday of the church. This is pretty awesome considering where they started from 5 years ago. It was so neat hearing the stories of those who have been there since it started. It was also so amazing just to think what the Lord has done to take us to the Stone. 5 years ago, Brad was a sophomore in college, and I was still in high school. I wasn't even starting to think about live after Olivet, I wasn't even sure where I was going to college. During the time since then, the church has grown, it has reached others for the Lord, and now it is where it is today. About 1 1/2 years ago, Aaron and Shauna began going to the Stone when they moved to Austin, and almost 1 year ago we met Aaron for the first time at a lunch at McAllister's in Lafayette. We had never really met Aaron, other than just in passing before that day, but we had heard all about he and Shauna from the Salt and Light group once they heard we were moving to Austin.

During lunch that day I remember talking to Aaron about the church they went to here in Austin. It sounded pretty cool, but he warned us that it was different from Kossuth. Then, in March we came to Austin to find an apartment and we got to go to the church for the first time. It was great, but SO huge! I was a little nervous, and not so sure about it, but the people were amazing, and the message was definitely Biblical. Then, the summer came and Brad started going to the church by himself with all these friends he had made down here. They took him in and helped him get involved, and I was just so excited to get here!

Now, we've been married three months, (whoa!) and we are so unbelievably content with the work the Lord is doing in our lives. The Lord, through the Stone and Kossuth together, has provided us with amazing friends, strong, challenging, and Biblical teaching, and a church that we are ready to REALLY get involved in. It's just all so cool to us. I don't know even how to describe how we feel, but we're happy and we know that we are EXACTLY where we are supposed to be. We're looking towards ways to get involved in ministry, and I'm working currently getting ready to pursue one possible way. We're just thankful. We couldn't imagine where we would be if we weren't here. We miss home, and family and friends. But we have been taken care of. We are growing together so much down here; we both think this is very much due to getting involved at the Stone. That's my story. It may be long, but it was on our minds today.
Finally, this is for dad. I know that the upper pictures make my hair look super short..and yes, dad, I cut it. However, it is growing and it's not all chopped like usual. You might like it at Christmas.

That's all for now. 12 days and counting!! See you soon!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your hair! It looks so grown up!

Anonymous said...

Rox