Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Movies Galore

So recently, Brad and I have been on a movies kick. Theaters are so much less expensive in the afternoon than in the evenings, and empty. It's pretty sweet, and on our days off...it's pretty relaxing. I think this stage is only temporary, but it's been pretty fun the past week. We've seen three in the past week. Let me explain, in December, the hospital sent me free movie passes for my birthday. Yay! So Brad said we could go on a date to a movie of my choice and use them. Well I've been scoping out my options lately, there have actually been many I wanted to see, and we decided on 27 Dresses. So...last week off we headed to the Tinseltown theater..much nicer than expected I might add. Well, we went in the afternoon, and the prices were pretty low, so we decided to pay for the tickets and in we went.

Sidenote: I loved the movie. It has some unnecessary swearing though, and I was really disappointed with that. But it is the ultimate girl's movie, with some cute humor. Pretty cute! And a thank you to my husband..the sweet sweet man, for going with me.

We continue our movie parade this past Sunday night, for our Valentine's date. Let me just say...I'm not big on Valentine's Day, I never have been...so I told Brad he had to plan the date. I was so impressed...he took me to the restaurant where we had our very first Valentine's date. Pappadeaux's. It was DELICIOUS! Brad had scallops...whoa they were good, and I had tilapia which was amazing and light and fluffy. All around great! Then we decided to go to National Treasurer...I think I actually liked that one better than the original. Loved it!
Sidenote: We didn't use the passes here either, wrong branch of theaters? So we still had passes...all the more reason to go to another movie!
Additional Sidenote: Our waitress was in training, she did great, but all I could think of was that I probably have the same scared look on my face each day that I work. It made me laugh, and feel for her all at the same time.

So, that leads us to today.
NEWS: I am now officially a licensed Texas driver. I only have the paper license now, but I have a license with the name Rachael ALLISON! It was pretty exciting for us...we're official.
Well, the license place moved fast today..we were in and out within a half hour, impressive right? We had some time to kill before Brad needed to get to sleep for work tonight, so we decided to go use our passes and see Fool's Gold.

Sidenote: We didn't use the passes, we thought we'd save them for an evening movie! Hahahaha. This one...also super cute. It was different, but I liked it. Brad did too.

So overall, we've been having some fun!

In other news,
We should meet with the mortgage woman this week. YAY!
Then we can meet with the realtor. An additional YAY!
The apartment is clean, vacuumed and all!

We're just some crazy cats here.
One final exciting note! Tomorrow night is small group, and we will have new members this week! The nearly/newlywed class started at the Stone for the semester, and Aaron and Shauna are leading a group again so we are combining together! I'm pretty excited! The 6 of us (3 couples) have become pretty chatty as is, I can't imagine how great it will be when there are 4 more couples! Wooo!

All for now!
Have a wonderful week!

2 comments:

David and Bethany said...

I'm so glad you went to Pappadeaux's---they have a whole chain of fabulous restaurants down here! Our very favorite is Pappasito's, which is their amazing Mexican restaurant. We have been to the one in Austin, too, so we can attest that it is AWESOME food... ;)

Anonymous said...

Lot of movies lately! You two live quite the rockstar life.

Sidenote: I bet our small group could beat up your small group...