Wednesday, February 6, 2008

I'm a slacker

Been too long, I've been a bit lazy I would say!

So, life has been fun lately. We've been staying busy as always, but all good times! Let's see how we could update all of you on life in Austin....

1. We BOTH work nights now. It's pretty exciting. I'm not going to lie, going to nights has been one of the best transitions! I can't even explain how nice it is to be able to go home from work and be done with work. I can sleep without worrying what I forgot to do during the day. Thank goodness!

Sidenote: When I first switched, I woke up nearly every day after I had worked the previous night and would be in a panic that no one had assessed my patient's or given them meds since I wasn't there at 9 am. It is just sad. This happened the first two weeks, pretty much every night I worked. I would come home, be in bed by 7:30am, wake up around 2 and think OH NO! Who is with my patients? No one took report! Ridiculous! This has passed.

2. We have been married 5 months! Whoa. Brad is introduced daily into the world of crazy, poor thing.

3. We went to Dallas, first time in my life, first time for Brad to really explore. We were able to go to the JFK museum, very interesting.

From Dallas in our hotel.

4. The Giants won the Superbowl! Yay! The Manning family took 2 in a row. That makes me so happy. If it can't be Peyton, it might as well be Eli. Plus, I did hope for the Patriots to lose, because their undefeated season seemed cheap since they were almost beat HOW MANY times as the end of regular season.

5. We've started the process of looking into buying a house. Settling. Wow. It's exciting. We're hoping to stay in the Round Rock area, north Austin. We really love it here.

6. I made Brad a meal for his birthday, stuffed pork loin. I have pictures, because I'm kinda excited about the progress in cooking.


7. We both are going to try to get involved in working with the children or the teens at the Stone, wherever the most help is needed. We're so excited about that!

8. I'm going to play on the hospital's softball team, I think, I'm pretty excited to start some softball up again!

9. We had a girl night/guy night with our friends last Friday. (I got called off at work, and Brad didn't have to go in until 11pm) It was a great time to just relax and catch up since we haven't gotten to see everyone much since the holidays.

10. God is moving in some pretty awesome ways down here in our hearts. We're studying 1 Corinthians at church right now, and each week we leave so challenged and that's so cool! Woohoo!

Alright...promise a better post next time. Hopefully with some pictures of hopeful homes! Yay! Hope all is well with everyone! Take care!

1 comment:

LauraSuz said...

I can't wait to see the pictures!