Friday, June 20, 2008

Wedding #2

Rox and Jake were married on 6.7.08 and it was PERFECT! It was so great to see the two of them have their day, and to be a part of it was even better! I, of course, was a mess and cried much of the wedding. Although El was there to make me smile, as did Brittany when the Kleenex kept dropping on Rox's train! Priceless. Also priceless, the fact that I literally thought my heart might physically pound out of my chest when it was my turn to read scripture. I thought I would forget when I was supposed to go, I think at one point Ellen actually said it wasn't time yet. Then, when I knew it was coming, truly I could not breathe. Who knew I was shy? Good gracious.

Best of all, though, was seeing Rox and Jake say their vows. I love weddings, but more than that I love marriage. It's sappy but true. It was exciting to see how they looked at each other, and their excitement, and when you could barely hear Rox I was a lost cause. The vows are just so much more than words.

So....enough of the sap. Here are the pictures.

We started out the weekend on Friday night at the rehearsal. Always a good time; below are some pictures from that night.... After rehearsing the walk down the aisle.All the briesmaids, we had such a great time!

On Saturday, we started early. Hair appointments began at 7am. I don't think I have EVER had so much hairspray in my hair. If you look hard enough you can see that my hair is plastered to my head, although this was a good thing since it stayed most of the day. After the appointments we headed to the Trails to decorate. That was actually pretty fun. I'm not sure if that was just fun for me, but I kinda liked seeing it all come together.

Post trails, we headed to the church to get ready, have some lunch, and start the pictures. Here are a few from before the ceremony.
Such a beautiful bride. I love this girl. I love this one too. I told the girls a story about Brad, they teased him about it and he totally went with it. Love that he has an awesome sense of humor. El here is doing an interpretation of the story. With her backward hoodie. Hahahaha I love it. It was great seeing Brittany and Jackie. Mr. and Mrs.

After the wedding, they had rented a navigator limo for us to ride to take pictures in. For real, my first limo ride ever, and for real it was so much fun! For pictures we headed to campus, Ross Ade, and downtown Lafayette. I can't wait to see the pictures.
On to the reception at the Trails. It was great! We danced all night long, I think my feet might still hurt. Purdue Pete stopped by for a visit. The awesome cake. Us.
Even Mom and Dad, and Nana and Papa joined in on the fun!

All in all, a pretty awesome day! Congrats Rox and Jake, we're so happy for you!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rachael, I had to read at one of our friends wedding last December and I had the exact same feeling. I felt like if my shirt was tight enough people would be able to actually see my heart beating. I don't do well speaking in public!

Ryan and Jessica said...

Word on the street is correct and we can't wait! Still planning to stay the night on Sunday? Have your man call my man :)

Standeford Stories said...

So, I've been thinking about your not-so-updated blog and wondering when the next update will come? I know you want to keep the details of our wedding up as long as possible, But Id like to know whats going on down there! :) I've been good about updates-lets play fair! Miss you guys and I need your new address!

Grandma and Grandpa said...

I second the last comment. Come on Rach, you used to be so good about posting, and I felt as if I were right there with you and Brad. Let us know about your trip, and Cardy, and everything else.

Ryan and Jessica said...

I second the last TWO comments. For all we know you're stuck in Springfield. :-) We hope you two made it back safely. So glad you took the time to come visit us in St. Louis. We miss you guys but hope to see you soon.