Thursday, July 24, 2008

So happy!

We've had such a great week! Nothing too spectacular or out of the ordinary, but it's just been great.

This weekend I had the entire weekend off...which really almost never happens...so we were pumped. Saturday, we decided to spend some time together and head down to the outlets. We were determined to find some furniture for the house at the outlets, and we heard there were good sales. Well..there were good sales; however, we just didn't like anything that much. So sadly, after the hour drive down there, we came home empty handed. It was still fun though, being out in the sun, being together during the day. We had a great time.

Sunday, we spent most of the day at church. In the morning we had nursery duty, which was awesome. We LOVE kiddies! We had the class called stepping stones..where the children are just learning to walk. They're all around Emily's age and a little older, which made us miss our precious niece, but so fun. During the next service I had my class...which I remain so excited about. Will update more on this sometime soon. Then for the evening service, Brad went back with me so I go actually go to service this week. I'm so glad we did, we just started a new series this week, and we're discussing it in small group so that was awesome.

One pretty sweet experience from Sunday...we headed to Joe's Crab Shack for lunch because I have been craving crab. Here is a picture, I'm all dressed up ready to break into the crab bucket.

Sidenote: I need to explain that the reason I have been craving crab is a result of watching Ace of Cakes. Hahahaha. On Ace of Cakes sometime over the last couple of weeks they made a basket of crab cake for some restaurant in Baltimore, and ever since then I have been craving it. Strange, I haven't been craving cake! :)

Anyways, the best part of the week so far has been Tuesday. We were able to host our small group this week at our house, and it was just perfect. When we bought this house we knew that we just want to have people into our home, have them feel welcome, and just find a way to love on them. That's the dream for this place, and Tuesday we had the chance! Not to mention, our small group is just fantastic. We have really started growing together, and it's so great to have an opportunity to grow even closer to people down here in Austin. We LOVE it. That's all there is to is. So yay.

As for this weekend. I have some serious plans to watch some P.S. I love you, followed by a get together with the small group.

For the weeks coming up...MOM AND DAD ARE COMING TO AUSTIN!!! I'm excited, we're excited, we can't wait for them to be here with us!

P.S. Friends and family, as previously stated, this is an open invitation.

Alright, all for now, the laundry is calling my name!

P.S. For all of you in Tippecanoe County, Brad and I just want to inform you we're missing the fair this year! This is the first fair of my life...or of my memory I've missed, and Brad said he just feels like it's part of us. So...enjoy the elephant ears, and the pig show, and my dad the auctioneer, and the greased watermelon race, and the queen contest (El and Rox), and seeing everyone you possibly know, and the hoagie's, and the home ec building, and Wendy's, and Pizza King, and the Country Kitchen, and the rasberry milkshakes, and the sweltering heat, and the smells, and the animal excretions on the ground, and the free give aways in the tent (Breann). Enjoy it all. We miss you guys! Love you!

No comments: