Sunday, October 11, 2009

M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E


So, remember about two years ago when I was a crazy fanatical blogger? Remember when I updated at least once a week? Now...either we are REALLY boring, or I am just extremely poor at updating. Anyways...we went to Disney last month for an amazing Disney cruise and a couple of days in the parks. We had such a good time!


I had never been on a cruise before, and it had been like 8 years since Brad had been on one, but I mean it was awesome! It was so much better than I ever imagined. I don't know if it's because it was Disney, or because I am so easily excited, or just because it was truly as awesome as it seemed but wow. We were treated like royalty. We had the best server and assistant server at dinner, which made dinner time every night perfect. The ship was beautiful. The weather was sunny. The ocean was gorgeous. Seriously it was pretty much perfect.

Now, I know that the fact that it was a Disney cruise may seem strange..especially because we have no kiddos yet, but you can't help but be happy on a cruise that is put on by Disney. It's cheerful, the characters are out, it's so stinking clean, all the employees seem to like their jobs, there are awesome activities, and it's 4 days completely away from cell phones and computers and life on land. We LOVED it!

We went with Brad's parents and are so thankful that they let us tag along. It truly was such an amazing vacation!


After we landed from the cruise we spent the last two days of our trip in the Disney parks, and Brad helped me discover new things about the parks that I hadn't know before. This was fun, although I definitely feel like he's been holding out on me. It's forgiven though.
















Some of the highlights from the trip:
1. Our bike ride...it led us to discover the other side of the island that is closed off to tourists. One of the disney staff members let us go back and hang out in the water back there. We also saw a blue crab, a barracuda, a stingray, and a starfish while we were back there. It was AWESOME!

2. The food. Seriously.

3. Reading in the sunshine.

4. Disney tune trivia..we bombed it but it was awesome!

5. Time together just being together!

Over all it was amazing!

Now I promise to attempt to get better at updating..and will start with an update on the AWESOME news of the week....read on.

No comments: