Monday, December 8, 2014

It is time.

It is time to get back to this blog business.  I loved having it to keep up with memories about life and our sweet little loves so I'm going to try.

Keyword...try.

Because I know me, and the tired truth of our days and that when those kiddos finally go to sleep I don't tend to want to update here.

But more importantly...I miss it. I can read through and have so many memories refreshed..so we're gonna try!

As for current life happenings...sweet Noah is 3 1/2...and Abbs is 1 1/2. How on earth they are that old and we have been parents for this long baffles me.

This current stage though...has not been my favorite.

I told Brad tonight that I think we had to far too easy for far too long. We're paying a little bit for it now. Year three has been tough on our little guy...not even the whole year..but the last three months. Abby girl is quite s personality, and we are working on molding that into obedience and kindness.  She is our tiny little instigator..and this is all uncharted territory for us.

So these days are long...precious..but long.

This morning in church the pastor mentioned delighting in our children. It wasn't the point of the message..but I was convicted in the moment. Have I been delighting in the sweetness of these kiddos lately? I don't really feel so.  I feel like lately the days have been long and hard, and I have spent more time disciplining than enjoying. When he mentioned that today though, I knew my heart needed to change. So I'm praying for a fresh and new start this week.  That tomorrow will be a joyful morning, and one where I take the time to enjoy my little loves and worry less about the crazy.

On a more positive note...
We have been coloring Christmas pictures all weekend..it has been a fun activity as a family.  Noah wants to color with Brad and I at all times.

We are also working on serving others this Christmas.  So we are doing 25 days of kindness in the Allison home.  Each day we have a fun activity to do for someone else.  So far we have made ornaments for friends, colored pictures, bought book bags for a women's shelter, donated toys, and made and delivered candy to our neighbors.  Now don't hear me say this like I'm bragging...there is no bragging here.  Buying those book bags and the ingredients for the candy was a whole new level of torture for this mama.  Noah actually yelled at me for the first time...and it was awful. But...this who process is refining me..and also such a fun activity for us all.  Each day they open an envelope that tells them what the day's activity will be.  I catered them to what we already had planned for the day..such as tomorrow we are taking candy to our doctor's office since we have an appointment. Easy, but something to get the kiddos minds on others.

Tonight..we had our first brush with Santa. We don't really do Santa here.  Early on we said we weren't going to do it..but we just haven't made a big deal about it. We basically just haven't talked about him. Naive ol' me really thought we would never have to even worry about having that conversation. Well tonight while he was coloring his Christmas pictures (specifically chosen with no Santas) and Noah started asking about who was bringing his presents. We told him we were..and he was determined that Santa would be brining his presents.  We kinda just dropped the topic..but now I know more of these conversations are coming. We're going to have to accept it and make a decision. Ha. Oh well.

And that's that! Have a great night!

No comments: