Sunday, October 7, 2007

Corolla!!

So, here she is!!! She looks tiny in this picture, and while she is small, there is actually a larger amount of space in there than it might look! We LOVE our car! The gas mileage is great, and it rides smooth, and we love her! I would like to name her Daisy, but I'm not sure Brad would go for that. Below are just a few more pictures of it. We actually picked it up on Wednesday night, and didn't finish all the paperwork until almost 9pm. I was playing Vana White for Brad. Creepy smile! On Thursday night, before Brad went to work, I wanted to prove to him I could drive and not get lost. I drove all the way from our apartment to the capital building downtown without asking directions ONCE! How exciting!
This Friday, Brad and I went on a date to Gumbo's downtown. Let me just tell you all, if you ever make it to Austin, and you LOVE steak as this girl does, GO THERE! I had an 8oz steak served on sweet potato hashbrowns, with watermelon salsa, and an apple and bacon sauce. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! That's all there is to it! Brad had salmon, and while I'm sure it was great, I didn't feel the need to make him share the wealth with the seafood.
Just enjoying our new car!
On Saturday, we went with some friends down to a winery south of Austin. We tasted a few wines, but we had more fun just spending time with friends! We went to dinner at an Italian restaurant on the site, and it was delicious.
We really do have friends in Austin! These are Adam and Blair, and Shauna and Aaron. We had such a great time! After we were done eating, we went back to the Reed's home and watched the Purdue game. Sadly, we were all tired and went home, and then they scored. We have hope, next week is going to be a win for the Boilers! We're turning Adam and Blair into Purdue fans; we have taken over their home for two games now!
Just the girls!
We're married!!!
We just thought this was a pretty fountain, and I was pretending to be a good photographer!

Today after church we cleaned the apartment! It feels SO much better now! This evening we went to dinner with my friend Meagan from Olivet, YAY for Olivet friends in Austin! We had such a great time, it was wonderful to see her! Thursday, she's coming to accompany me while I watch Grey's Anatomy, so Brad can escape that duty! :)

Take care all! Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

On a side note, prayers are always welcomed as I begin working tomorrow! I am so excited, so please just pray that all my paperwork is correct and all goes smoothly. Thanks so much for your prayers! Hasta!

2 comments:

LauraSuz said...

Congratulations! What a cute car. Your first car together...how exciting!

The Adorables! said...

Hey, this is Sarah's friend, Vanessa (mommy to Emily's friend, Rachael). :-) I wanted to tell you I **love** my Corolla, even with two munchkins filling up the backseat. It's a great car!

Oh, and a belated congratulations! I got to see some of your pics when Sarah brought them to Bible study -- you looked BEAUTIFUL!!