Wednesday, October 3, 2007

A Whole Month

Wow! We have been married a month already! It seems like yesterday that we walked down the aisle, and here it is already a month! Whoa. However, no need to complain, because we have loved this past month. Brad, the wonderful husband that he is, remembered our one month anniversary and woke me up with flowers and breakfast in bed. (Compliments of Pastor and Sue and the tray they gave us for our shower!) He brought me cereal, a bagel, and orange juice, and flowers. They're lovely! They look beautiful on our table in the vase Manders and her family gave to us with directions for Brad to fill; he is following their orders! :) Here they are, I promised him I would post some pictures for him.
Life has been great for the past month. We have been so busy, even more than I would have expected. The weekends have been wonderful too! I was afraid that on the weekends I would be extremely homesick, but we have stayed so busy and have met so many amazing people, that the transition has been much easier than I even imagined. However, we do both miss our families and friends. ALL THE MORE REASON TO VISIT! :)

This past weekend, we found a wings place and watched Purdue beat Notre Dame with Shauna! The wings were great, and Purdue beating Notre Dame any day is AWESOME, so it was an all around great day! We then spent some time with another couple, Adam and Blair, who we also met through our church here. Blair and I looked at pictures of their adorable house, and adorable puppy, while the boys kept themselves entertained with UFC. Ouch. That is the only word that can describe that sport to me.

Our church is another aspect of the Austin life that we are so very happy with. The Lord has truly blessed us. Our nearly-newlywed class is so good for us, the lessons are so meaningful and challenging. It is so cool to learn each week how to better make our relationship display the relationship of Christ and His church! In the services we have just started a new series, and our small group meets once a week. It has been challenging, and I love that! One of our group members mentioned how neat it was that everyone in the church that is in a small group would be asking the same questions each week and digging deeper into the word. When you think about it, it's just awesome!

As for work, Brad has decided to do two more weeks on nights, to be fully prepared for being on his own. This will work out almost perfectly though. Next week, we will both be on days as I start my new job, and then the following two weeks he will be back on this current schedule so we will have more time at night before he goes to work. After that, we do not know yet when I will be on nights with him, but it will work out.

If I may, I have one request. PLEASE my Indiana loves, please take pictures of the fall! I love when the leaves change, and I'm not too sure that will be occurring down here in Texas! Also, we just want our family and friends back in Indiana, Missouri, Florida, Illinois, Mexico, Dominica, all of the midwest...we miss you! We do want to give a HUGE thank you to each of you, because when we think about the wedding, it was the perfect day for us, and you all had a part of that and we are just so grateful! Thanks! (p.s. thank you notes are on their way I promise!)

So, this is it for now. No car yet! It should arrive this week! Yay! The Lord has been so good to us down here, as he has been teaching and challenging us both individually and together. It's amazing! Please continue to pray for the schedules, that they might work out. Also, poor Brad is now sick with some sort of sinus/allergy broohaha. Hasta for now!

4 comments:

LauraSuz said...

So, I want to keep commenting on how cute you guys are but I don't want to seem stock-ish :)

All the same, you guys are cute!

slivengo said...

Hi.... so fun to read about what you're up to. Wish we could come visit whenever we wanted. Emily says "goo" to you (I love you Aunt Rachael!) Where's the new car pics?

Bebo said...

Oh my little Rachael! I just loveeee reading these posts and getting to know what is going on with you and Brad. I am so glad to see how happy you are and how much the Lord is blessing you. I miss you soooo much! LOVE!

Bebo said...

OH! Also...I will make sure to get some leaves falling in Indiana pictures for you...because you have to see that. I don't know if this is state-wide...but probably...but here in Muncie it is still in the upper 80s outside...YIKES!