Sunday, October 21, 2007

Life life life

No pictures today, but just an update on the past two weeks. Life has been crazy and wonderful and that is a pretty sweet combination! Brad and I have been staying oh so busy over the past couple of weeks. Last Friday night we had another game night with our newlymarried class. We played the electronic version of Guesstures; it was so much fun! Sadly, we girls could not pull a win; however, I will say we were on a roll but had to end it due to the time. Next time girls, next time! Saturday and Sunday we spent some time together, just enjoying days off!

On Monday, Brad began his final two weeks of shadowing at Samsung! He seems to really be getting the hang of the job, and really enjoying it. It's so exciting hearing him talk about holding his own at work. Also on Monday, I began my first week on the floor. All I can say is, WOW. I was all about how ready I was to be on the floor and blah blah blah, and then I hit the floor and realized how truly scared out of my mind I am! I daily thank the Lord that he gave me three years of experience on a floor similar to this, because without that experience I would quite possibly lose my cool. This hospital is so different than any I have ever been in. While this is great in some ways, it is slightly intimidating, scary, and overwhelming in others. The nurses call the doctors by their first name; I met an anesthesiologist during a cardioversion this week, and actually have absolutely no idea what his last name is because I'm just supposed to call him by his first name. This is going to be a difficult adjustment for me. Some amazing things from the week...I pulled a boomerang from two patients' arteries this week! WHOA! During one, I didn't have my hands in the correct place at first, and when I pulled the boomerang, I got blood all over my scrubs. This was a reality check for me. The patient, so sweet, just smiled at me. I also was in on a cardioversion this week, which is where they put a patient's heart back into rhythm. I had always wanted to see one of these! So all in all, it was a great week!

This weekend Brad and I had some quality time just enjoying our friends here in Austin. Friday afternoon we went on some errands together and enjoyed just being out during the day then that evening we went with Adam and Blair to the Hula Hut for some delicious food! (I had mango quesadillas...who would've guessed those even existed!) After this we went back to their home to watch Transformers, which I must say I was incredibly impressed with! Saturday, Brad worked with Habitat for Humanity with his Samsung coworkers, while I went to the Family Reunion and baptism service for the Austin Stone with Aaron and Shauna. I love baptisms, I love witnessing those who love the Lord making that step and proclaiming it to their brothers and sisters in Christ. It was so neat! That night we went to Brad and Amy's for a cookout. It was so fun and relaxing, and we played some Nerts, and while I did not do great, I love cards! Today we had an amazing service at church, and then we watched a movie. Brad Allison sat and watched a whole movie that I picked out! It was so nice! He is now sleeping as he has to work one more week of 11-8 shifts.

This week might be a little tough for us, because I am on days and Brad is on nights. It's tough not seeing each other, but it makes us appreciate any time we have together that does not have to revolve around getting enough sleep to not sleep at work. It is so exciting for us as we daily learn more about being married. I think this class we have been taking has been such a blessing for us. We have learned more about each other and our relationship, we have met amazing couples who love the Lord, and we have learned more about how to make our marriage really glorify God. I have to say, each day I realize more and more how truly awesome it is that God knew that we were for each other even before our parents thought of having children. I look around at other marriages and think how very cool it is how each couple specifically compliments each other. I'm just so thankful for Brad. (Sorry for the sap, I like my husband!)

Well, I must get on to sleeping now. This week will be longer. If we may make some prayer requests, I would just say that Brad's last week on training would go well, and that he would feel confident in his abilities at work. If you could pray for some work relationships for me at the hospital. I am so thankful for our friends we have met through the church, I do hope to find some friends at work also, it just makes the environment easier. Also, if we could just pray for Brad and I to be bold at work, and to really show our coworkers what we believe. We just want to make an impact.

Finally, a huge praise. We love it in Austin. We have just been so blessed by those around us here, and by the friendships we have established. Living so far from family and friends was such a scary idea for me, but I am just so thankful for what we have here! Yay! Promise pictures soon! You all are in our thoughts and prayers!

1 comment:

LauraSuz said...

I posted a picture of our fall trees back here in good ol' Indiana, if you want to take a look! I know you said you wanted to see some.