Wednesday, November 28, 2007

CHRISTMAS!!!

It is almost Christmas! I know that I made this point my last post...but it is almost Christmas?! I'm telling you, you wouldn't believe how that one tiny little fact can make this girl grin like a child. I'm not even ashamed! Thank you for enduring my previous posts about all the mishaps of life as an adult. I think the adult part is the hardest thing about our new life. College...even with the exhaustion and fear induced by nursing school...was easy. I mean, I woke up, went to class in sweatpants, came home and took a nap, maybe went to work for a couple of hours, and then just studied. Even all the meals were prepared for us. Or, for another example, when I didn't know an answer in clinical...that was ok, I was a student. Now, if I don't know an answer, there could be a serious problem. Additionally...bills, really? Bills. Ok, Mom and Dad I love you both, for the willingness to take care of those for me for the past 22 years. We don't even have that many bills, I mean, we're young; but I'll be honest, if Brad wasn't around, I might forget them. Isn't that pathetic? Thank goodness I'm learning.

Back to the point....Christmas is coming! Many good things have happened over the last couple of days that have made this oh so real...and oh so exciting!!
1. We got out the Christmas dishes. I LOVE our Christmas dishes, they're perfect and subtle and cheerful all at the same time. I know that this could be classified as materialistic, and I really hope that isn't the case, it's just having snowflakes on my dishes makes me think of Christmas Eve service, shrimp rings at Nana & Papa's, cards on Christmas Eve with my family, totally cheating at the Christmas draw to get Kyle and Lauri, Mom's spinning Christmas tree, her birthday dinner, having time to talk to her on the couch at night, Dad making me a special bed in the den with my favorite sheets and shopping with me for Mom's birthday gift, Luke's birthday coming up and splitting gifts with him, Sarah and Phil coming home (with EMILY!), and SHOPPING with Sarah, Christmas breakfast with Nana, Papa, and Uncle Mark, and all out Christmas day over at Aunt Vic and Uncle Mike's. That's just my family! Think about Macaroni Grill with Carl and Rosemary, Indianapolis with Kenny and Jennifer, Scotty and MJ, and Ally, Kelsey, and Kenny. Gingerbread houses with Ally. COLTS football! I mean seriously, I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!! (Mom, I completely know this is a run-on sentence, it is for effect)
2. We bought our VERY first Christmas tree. Now, can I just brag about how sweet Brad is. He's just not as big of a Christmas decorator or celebrator as I am, not because he doesn't love Christmas, he's just not as insanely sentimental as I am. He knew how badly I wanted a Christmas tree, and how important it is to me that our home be so inviting and cozy and so he went with me to 3 stores to find the perfect tree. We ended up with a 7 1/2 ft. tall tree! Oh my goodness. The thing is huge! It's perfect though! I love it. I promise pictures soon...but there need to be a few more ornaments. Currently, our poor giant has only 15 ornaments on there, with lights. I would refer to this as puny, but we're going to perk him right up. Now, granted, it doesn't spin, but I love it!
3. We have a 24 hour Christmas music station! 95.5. One word: YEA! (I was rocking that out on the way to work this morning!)
4. We're going to a Christmas party. Yay! (I'm taking something on my Christmas serving dish too..yes!)
5. Aaron and Shauna's house is so cute and decorated. I want to go sit on their couch and read a book and enjoy the cozy goodness. I can't even lie about that!

So, overall, we're excited! We get to go to Indiana in just a few short weeks! Hopefully it will SNOW! I love the warmth down here...but I really am hoping for snow for Christmas!

Finally, I would like to just give a praise for answered prayers! The past couple of weeks Brad and I have had more time together on his off days, such as 3-4 days at a time off together. It has been so wonderful getting to spend time together enjoying really feeling like we're married and not on completely opposite schedules. We have had so much fun! We went Christmas shopping, went to lunch with some friends, watched a movie, ate breakfast together, got to eat dinner together for the first time in what felt like weeks...AMAZING! I'm so thankful God works everything in His time!

If I could throw out a prayer request. I know this seems so bad...always having to pray for work, but these past couple weeks have been TOUGH! Not tough at it was before with the people, but my patients have gotten more severe. I have a lot to learn. This is not exactly new news for me, but wow. It gets scarier every day I think about how important it is that I am so thorough in my patient care. I'm learning...tough...but I'm learning. However, I have been so fearful of making a mistake, that I am I afraid I will make one when I am nervous. If you could just pray for peace during my shifts...it would be so appreciated.

Brad is doing great at his job. (I think so at least!) He doesn't talk about work like I do, he's a bit quieter since I chat 24 hours a day for him, but he likes it. His coworkers seem really nice, and he said the guys he works with on his shift he really likes! Yay!

Ok...time to get some sleep. This was supposed to be short. I just am NOT a short and sweet kind of writer! Have a great day!

2 comments:

LauraSuz said...

I hear ya on the different schedules, except, we aren't even married yet! So, we really don't see each other often. We have less than 5 months though and we want to buy a house so Daniel working extra hours isn't all bad.

We'll keep you in our prayers.

Rosemary said...

hey Rachael , love to read the blog candles and plates look great see you soon also the tre love ra