Thursday, November 1, 2007

Two Months

As of today, we have been the Allison's for two months! YAY!!! To celebrate, or to just enjoy a weekend, we went to San Antonio on Sunday after church and spent Sunday and Monday there. We loved it. It was our very first tiny little road trip together since getting married. Brad is a huge advocate of road trips, and after this past weekend, I would love to continue with our little visits. San Antonio is such a unique city; I've never been any place quite like it. They are so proud of their history there, and I think that is pretty neat. We visited the Alamo, and the Riverwalk...clearly we are tourists still. Here we are at the Alamo. These next couple are at the San Jose Mission a little south of San Antonio. There is a route you can take that runs from the Alamo to six other missions that used to exist. These places are so peaceful and neat and the buildings that are still standing are incredible. We had a nice time just walking around this one.




Monday morning we took a walk after getting some breakfast, and we came to the Tower of the America's (or over the America's, I'm not sure which). We went all the way up and looked out over the city and then we watched this virtual tour of Texas. Who knew this state was so pretty? One thing about San Antonio that we noticed though, the air is DEFINITELY not as clean as Austin. These are just some pictures from up in the tower.





Down on the Riverwalk, which I had no idea was actually a side walk along the river, we found a true mariachi band. (They were so good!)


The view at night time.
We found the cutest outdoor theater over by our hotel, we want to go back if there is actually a play there sometime.

So, overall we had a fantastic weekend, and a FABULOUS two months. We're loving this marriage thing! :) Life is good here in Austin. We've made some really great friends, (we miss you friends from home though!) and the Lord has truly been working in both of us and guiding us as we grow together and figure out where all we are headed in life. This week Brad got off of shadowing and is all by himself at work. Woohoo Brad!! He seems to be liking it, although we're not liking the not seeing each other part. Only a few more weeks though, and then we're smooth sailing!

Can you believe it is already November? My goodness! Next weekend, we have our very first set of visitors, Brad's parents! We're excited to have some company. We've been planning some outings for awhile now. We think we've cooked up some good ideas. (Note to you who do not live in Austin...you come, we plan and we'll having a stinking good time so GET HERE!) For Thanksgiving, Shauna and Aaron have invited us to their house. Those two have just been awesome! So, we're now invading on them for Thanksgiving...but thanks to Hil we have a turkey roaster pan to put to good use. We will really miss our family, and I'm going to go out on a limb and say especially me because this will be my very first holiday away from my family. We'll miss you guys!

If I could just make one little request for prayer...if you could just pray for my job. I'm feeling a bit defeated. There are great days, but there are bad days, and while I know this is exactly where I am supposed to be, I've just been feeling a little negative towards it. It is a little different than I expected...but that is both good and bad. I am learning so much, and for that I am so thankful! Thank you for the prayer though!

So, that's all for now! Take care all!

3 comments:

Preston Goings said...

Brad and Rach-
I am so excited for you guys and all the wonderful things you have been able to enjoy these first months of marriage. I check your blog every day and am always excited to see an update. We love you guys and are praying for you. We will definitely be praying for you. Love you guys.

Love
Preston Goings

David and Bethany said...

Hey Rachael!! It's Bethany Bergstrom Rinn--Sarah's old roommate & friend from TU...of course! How are you? It's so awesome that you live in Texas! Did you know that we are in Fort Worth? We absolutely love Texas and are so GLAD we moved here!!!!! Anyway, it was fun to see your pics of San Antonio---we had a wonderful long weekend there when we first moved here, too. It's such a fun city!!! Anyway, if (when!!) Sarah ever comes to visit you, I totally would love to drive down and see you all, too! Take care!! Congrats on your sweet marriage!!!1

LauraSuz said...

Happy 2 Months! I'm glad you liked the picture. Most the leaves are gone now but they were pretty while they lasted. Next comes snow!! I can't wait :)