Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Company

Only time for a short post tonight, but more to come sometime soon. We had company this weekend! I'll tell you one thing, it sure was nice to have people to talk to on Friday night while Brad was at work! Really though, we had a great weekend with Brad's parents! We've missed our families, so it was so nice to have Carl and Rosemary here with us. I wish I had taken more pictures, but we forgot our camera on Saturday. They arrived on Friday, while I was at work and were able to spend some quality time with Brad. When I got home it was nice to catch up and show them our wedding pictures. I crashed early though...apparently work wears me out! :)

Saturday when Brad got home he was exhausted, so Rosemary and I got to spend a little time shopping. We had some fun...it's pretty nice having all those shops right across the street from us. Once Brad woke up we went down to New Braunfels to the Wurstfest. We had some absolutely DELICIOUS fried foods and listened to some great music, and Carl and Rosemary danced! :) Brad and I didn't, aren't we losers? It was such a neat experience though, because we have heard so many things about Wurstfest, so it was nice to experience it first hand.

Sunday, after church, we went to the UT women's basketball game against Missouri State It was so fun, even though Missouri didn't win. Both teams were pretty impressive. I forgot how much fun watching basketball was. That evening Brad and I went to a get-together or his section of Samsung at Dave and Buster's. We had a great time, I really enjoyed meeting his coworkers, and we rocked out those games! :) We won 4 coffee mugs with our tickets. That was fun! When we got home, we watched the Colts game with Carl and Rosemary..such a sad ending if I might add. I was quite upset with the past two weeks of play by them. Poo!
So! We had such a wonderful weekend with Brad's parents...we LOVE having company! Here are a couple of pictures from the game.
Having a great time at the game!
The Rudy's blimp that shot out coupons! So fun!
Texan pride right there!
It is a pretty neat arena!

Brad and I also had Tuesday and Wednesday of this week to spend time together which has been wonderful. We've decided that we want to begin working out together, so the past two days we have taken advantage of the beautiful weather here in Austin and the Hike and Bike trail, and have started running together. While, I may not like running, it is so nice to have some quality time with Brad outside in fresh air and sunshine and having the chance to just talk to each other. It makes running TOTALLY worth it! Yay!

Well, that's all for now. The Lord has been taking such amazing care of us down here, and life is good. Brad's job is going well, and mine is getting better. We have been blessed with an amazing small group who had some real words of encouragement for me about feeling down lately. We're so thankful for them! We hope all is well for all of you! We LOVE hearing updates on everyone and their lives...so keep us posted! Take care!

1 comment:

slivengo said...

It's about time you updated this. I have been checking it faithfully. Hope work goes better this week. Soon you'll be on nights with Brad! Yay!

Oh, btw, even though you have to stay in TX for Thanksgiving, at least you won't be freezing your tail off like everyone at home will be. You can rub that in :)

See you in a few weeks.