Sunday, March 2, 2008

Updates!

These last couple weeks have been super busy, but we've had tons of fun!

Last weekend, we were off from Saturday until Tuesday together, and we were busy the whole time; it was wonderful! Saturday we had a Connections class at church, partnership (much like membership, different name) with the Stone. We're pretty pumped about that. Today, we have our second week, we're getting together today for some snacks and chats. Woohoo!

After the class, we headed over to the Peck family home for a nearly/newlywed cookout! It was great! Thanks to the almost Michner's we have a few pictures from the event! Thank you for letting us steal the pictures! We, the Allison's, along with the Michner's and Wahrer's are the three couples still meeting with our original small groups from last semester, with the new couples from this semester, it's been awesome to meet the new couples!
Brad, Brittany, and me as we were rocking out the Rock Band...or Rock Star..or whatever that game is called. I absolutely loved this game!Truly, I thought these two might break that poor trampoline.
Aww, the Michner's to be...May 31st going to be a fantastic day!
Our *hopefully* soon to be neighbors! These girls are so wonderful!As is Miss Amy, who happened to be MIA during the time of the picture above!
Cheesy picture!

Sunday, after church, we planned to relax. Instead we invaded Aaron and Shauna and headed to the park with them and the dogs. It was fun! It has been an absolutely gorgeous week of weather, and Sunday was no different.
Monday...we looked at homes with our realtor! Wow, it's overwhelming taking it all in! We went into probably 7-8, and picked out a few more to look at, and we found one that we are pretty excited about! I think the best part of me, is the location. It's in the neighborhood we thought we might end up in, but it's in the back, so it is quiet, and we would be on a cul-de-sac. I am trying not to get too attached quite yet. We're going tomorrow with Richard again to look at a few more, and then to consider putting an offer on this one. Please pray that we will make wise decisions on what God has planned for us over the next couple of weeks. We're excited though! It's great to feel like in just a few months we will have our own HOME, and we can buy our own furniture, and have company. I'm so pumped!

Work was great in the Rachael world. I've really been enjoying work, now that I'm on my own and I've able to feel competent. It's great. Poor Brad, he's tired quite often with his job, we'll be so glad when he's able to go back to a normal schedule!

This weekend just began, but we've had fun so far! Yesterday was 6 months together! Woooo! We were on opposite schedules it felt like yesterday, but we get to spend some quality time together all week while I have some days off! In the afternoon, I went to a softball practice for the Heart Hospital's team. I didn't realize how much I missed softball. It was so awesome to throw from the outfield, and pick up a bat. Then, Blair, Shauna, and I went shopping to San Marcos. It was great to have some girl time to just chat. Brad headed over to Adam and Blair's once I got home to watch the UFC (his new almost favorite thing) fight with Adam. This girl was in bed by 9pm! We're getting old fast!

Busy times but life is great! Big day ahead and big week of decisions for the house! I'll put pictures up if we decide to place an offer!

For Sarah and my family: the wedding pictures are at this website, although I don't think we can order from there http://delisaphotographyweddings.blogspot.com

Until next time...

No comments: