Tuesday, March 4, 2008

We have a HOME!!!

So our big news...We bought a house!!

There is just such an amazing story to go along with it, so I have to share it with all of you.

Yesterday, we went on our 2nd day of house hunting with Richard. At the beginning of the day we were pretty sure that by the end of the day we would be placing an offer on the house we had liked last Monday when we went out. We truly loved that house, so we started the day comparing every new house to that one. We went to four and then decided to swing by this new house that had only been on the market 3 days. All three of us weren't expecting much, mainly because there wasn't a ton of information provided about the home. Well, when we got there the owner happened to be home, who is a very sweet older man. He allowed us to come in and take a look around even though he was there while we did so. We ABSOLUTELY loved it! I mean, I could tell that Brad was really excited about this one, Richard was smiling and nodding at us, and I knew I liked it. Well, on our way out, the realtor for that home called Richard, (he had called her in order to ask if we could go in, before we knew that the owner was there) and she told him that if we intended to put an offer in we would have to do so by 6pm because they already had two offers and tonight the decision was to be made. TALK ABOUT PRESSURE.

After we left the house, we decided to swing by the first house that we liked originally, and we still loved it. We left there and really had not made a decision because we truly liked them both so much, and there was so little we could say about either that was bad. We decided we needed to refuel and ran to Rudy's for lunch. While there, we talked with Richard, and attempted to make a Pro/Con list for both houses, which basically turned out to be a Pro list for both. We still had some hesitations about the prices and the difference in the mortgage and all the crazy adult business that I didn't want to mess with of course. We decided to drive by both homes again, and to try to go into the new house one more time before the afternoon was over. We also called Janet, who is in charge of our whole mortgage deal, to ensure everything was good on our end if we decided to make an offer.

Well, we got to the house, and the man was still there, and being the sweet man he is, he let us invade one more time. While we were there, he chatted both Richard and us, and we just decided that we had to put an offer in. There was just something about the home we loved. We left around 3:15 knowing we had to have the offer in at 6. Richard left us and said he'd call as soon as it was ready. So, we went home and spent some time praying about the whole thing and decide that if this was what God wanted, we would put an offer in, but because it was a little pricey we would not counter-offer at all. If it wasn't accepted the first time, then this was not the house for us.

Well, the realtor extended until 6:15 so we could get our offer in. We signed at 6:10, and Richard dropped it off to her in front of the neighborhood where the house is. She was on her way to have the owner make a decision. So...then the waiting game, and man it was kinda scary. A whole mix of excitement and fear all at the same time. Then at 8, I got a little anxious and decided to call Richard and see if he had heard anything. So here's the cool part!
Me: Richard, just wanted to know if you had heard anything or if they were making a decision tonight?
Richard: I need you to do something, call this number and just speak with whoever answers?
Me: Do I need to call you back?
Richard: Yep, give me a call back....

Mr. H: Hi, how can I help you?
Me: Mr. H, this is Rachael, I met you today with my husband?
Mr. H: Rachael the nurse?
Me: Yep, that's me.
Mr. H: Well Rachael, I told Richard I wanted to speak with you. I have some things to tell you. First off, I think that God's hand is in every situation.
Me: Yes sir, I completely agree.
Mr. H: Then there are 2 things you need to know.
Me: (AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH in my mind)
Mr. H: First, Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior, and I serve him in everything I do. I should have told you that earlier today.
Me: Sir, that makes me so excited! Brad and I both have relationships in Jesus and we want to serve him!
Mr H: Then secondly, I want to tell you that this home is now your home to serve the Lord in because you won, and it's yours!
Me: Oh my goodness thank you so much!
Then we continued to chat just for a minute and he said that he would like it if Brad and I would join him at a special musical service his church has on Easter Sunday. I definitely agreed!

It turns out, that when Mr. H called Richard to tell him that he liked us "kids" and that we were getting the house. Richard told him that he had worked with a couple of our friends and that we were all friends from a church and a Bible study. Mr. H then asked if we were Christians and Richard and he said yes, so Mr. H asked if he could have the honor of telling us himself that we got the house. Richard said yes, and that was right when I called.

So....wow! It was a crazy overwhelming and exciting day! We were so thankful for Richard and Janet and how fast they finished everything. We are even more thankful for the Lord and the way he opened doors for our very first home! We LOVE it! We just can't wait to move in and make it our own.

So now, we just have to go through a couple more steps to make sure all is well, and then on April 10th we close. We are just so blessed!

Here are some pictures from the website the home is posted on. They are tiny, but you can get the idea. As soon as we are able, I will take more and get them up. Hope the novel here isn't too long, but you just had to see one of our coolest stories ever. The Lord never ceases to amaze us. We prayed that if this home was not His will then that he would close the door. Instead, He gave us a home in the most amazing way, despite how little we deserve it. It just makes me want to start today having people over and using it for ministry. We're just pumped! Ok, hope you all have a wonderful week. Take care!
The front, we'll have to make it green, and work a little on the landscape, but it's in good shape. The office, which is directly to the left when you walk in the front door.
Dining area.
Back side of the house; Brad has already determined that he will be employing Aaron to help him work on the porch. Shauna and I made a deal about painting.
The living room off the kitchen.
Guest room #1.
Guest room #2.
The master bedroom, which I love!
Master bathroom, this picture doesn't exactly do it justice, but we definitely like it.
My FAVORITE part of the home, the kitchen!
I can't wait to have people over there!
The kitchen breakfast area.
This is right as you walk in the front door on the right. We're not sure what we will do in this area yet, but we have time.

Ok, that's all for now!

9 comments:

LauraSuz said...

Oh my gosh Rachael! How exciting!!! Congrats to you and Brad!

slivengo said...

Wow! What an amazing story. God is so good. You should get a picture with Richard, Janet, and the sweet previous owner of the home. :)

Unknown said...

Brad and Rachel-

They house looks absolutley great! Evan and I can't wait to come over and hang out! See you soon!

Katie

Grandma said...

God works in mysterious ways. He was with you all the way on this. House looks beautiful. Would love a picture of Mr. H.

Anonymous said...

What an amazing story (and a fantastic house)! Couldn't be more excited for "you kids."

Mark me down to help with moving!

-E

(Looks like that living room was made for a wide-screen LCD...)

Anonymous said...

And the best part of all is it's only 8 blocks from us!! Yah team Round Rock :)

Bebo said...

Oh little Rachael, I LOVE IT. Gorgeous...especially that kitchen. So wonderful...and that was an amazing story. Hooray!

Ryan and Jessica said...

We're soo exicted for you two! May God Bless your new home and all who enter into it.
We can't wait to come visit. :-) Love you both.

Ryan & Jess

Anonymous said...

That yard looks PERFECT for cutting hair!!