Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Who loves the weekends!! These kids!!

As promised, before and after pictures of one handsome man. Check out how scared he looks, he denies, but he was scared. The final product! Check out that short hair! He's cute! In addition, I'm pretty positive Evan has scored some major business with the other fellows for the future. We made a promise though, no more hair business in Katie and Evan's bathroom, any further appointments shall be held in our backyard. Seems only fair.
We've had a great week. It was busy, that's about all to remember, but it was great. The inspection really did go great, thankfully, and we have so little we have to worry about. I know it's not always this easy, but my goodness this process has been smooth so far. All that's left is to close on the 10th. It's less than a month away! We can't even believe it! Lately, our new hobby has been making lists of all the things we need to do or get together to make the house a home...but it already feels like ours! We drove by earlier today; every time we see it I get so excited!

Work this week was great for both of us. Brad will most likely be changing to days sometime in the next 6 months. This is pretty exciting news for him, he's really working hard, and it will be pretty neat for him to have some new projects to work on. On the hospital front, a nurse I really respect gave me some huge encouragement this week that just made the week for me. I love nursing and I appreciated her words so much!


On to the weekend, the best part of the week. Friday we both worked, boo work but oh well! Saturday evening, we headed over to the Bean's for a birthday celebration for Brad Bean. We had some fantastically delicious fajitas and banana cake which was AMAZING! We also had our traditional Guesstures tournament of girls against guys. I have to sadly report that we ladies did not have our game on. Multiple rounds may have occurred with NO answers. How does that happen? It was late, that's the only excuse I have. So fellas, I give it to you, you took one...but you better believe it's on next time. Maybe we just let the guys have it since we were celebrating Brad Bean's birthday.
Highlights:
  • Amy Bean's impressions of sneer and motorboat. Both = Priceless.
  • Shauna nearly running laps around the kitchen, for milk, that she couldn't find in the fridge.
  • Aaron setting records. (They were easy words)
  • I can't help but list the Banana cake as a highlight
  • Elizabeth coming clean about being a closet One Tree Hill fan, she was in good company.
  • The discussion that followed her admission, the pure raw emotion that One Tree Hill can get from Amy, Shauna, and myself
  • Blair and Shauna's Target shopping trip, that lead me to "need" an excursion on Sunday
All good things! A few more photos...




Sunday, Brad and I attended a forum about Turkey after morning service. Our church has partnered with Turkey in an attempt to truly serve on mission with the Turkish people. Of 52 million Turks, their are reportedly only 3000 believers. WHOA. That's about how many attend our church on one Sunday of services. We found a ton of opportunities here in the States to learn about the Turkish culture and get involved, and then after some preparation we would love to head to Turkey on a trip through the church. It was so interesting. This week, I am hoping to go to the Turkish Women's Association in Austin; they have a weekly cooking class that is supposed to be an awesome opportunity to get to build relationships with these women here in Austin. I'm so excited! We'll have to fill you all in more about this later.


In final news, tonight was my first softball game! We won! It really was great to be back on the field! Brad is going to play from now on with our team. I'm glad! It will be a fun thing for both of us, I think he's pretty pumped! Better watch out world, the Allison's are gonna kick some bum.

Just work ahead for this week! Take care!

1 comment:

LauraSuz said...

I'm glad you linked me!! I read yours too!