Wednesday, May 14, 2008

And we're back!

We are up in running with internet in the house now!
Sidenote: Up and running does not necessarily mean correctly. Our PC won't connect, and today the phone says it is disconnected. Haha we'll get it all sorted out eventually.

Back to the news...we're here and we're loving it! Week #1 as homeowners has been great! We enjoy the quiet around here so much! We also enjoy that the Mullins only live 7 blocks away.
Example #1: One word: Carpool. With gas being ridiculous it's pretty sweet to be able to share rides.
Example #2: Pool time. Shauna and I experienced the pool for the first time on Saturday (rather, my first time, her first time this season) I would love to say that the fellows are going to let us return to the pool but due to poor judgment on our parts, and severely red skin for both of us on the sun's part...I think we may be banned. I have a feeling the other husbands may not let their wives join us either! We arrived at the pool and immediately put on sunscreen, possibly not as liberally as we should have, and the results were some SERIOUS tan lines...and by tan lines I may mean burn lines.
Sidenote: Rox! I panicked when I realized I have a bridesmaid dress to wear in approximately 3 weeks..only to THANKFULLY remember it's not a strapless dress. Good choice dear friend!
Example #3: We have the Mullin's things in our garage, and they have our table on their porch. Sad.
Example #4: We were EARLY to small group.
Sidenote: Carrie may have teased us a bit about driving to small group...I think she had a good point, next time I'm (we're) going to walk.
So overall, we're loving this neighbor thing!

Not to mention, many of our friends don't live too far...and with two couples in the neighborhood we may more easily convince them to come visit! :) Yea!
Sidenote: Friends and family from other than Austin...this most definitely applies to each of you...it's just a tad bit longer of a trip for you.

Back to the house...here are some updated pictures.
Our first washer/dryer set...which better last 20 years. New tv! Brad patiently waited...and now he's pumped..he loves our new tv!Guest bathroom. Guest bedroom #1. Guest bedroom #2 remains to be painted because we first have to paint the ceiling...we have the supplies though so we're on our way.
Love our desk! Our dishes cabinet! Love our kitchen...I truly think I've cooked more in the last two weeks than the last two months at the apartment. Living room, which isn't always so dark...blindA big thank you to Carl and Rosemary for our ottoman.
Mom...check out the organization. It's even color-coded. WOO! These are both what remains to be unpacked. However, I think we made BIG strides last night getting all the clothes finished..and I have big plans for tonight.

One final story...best part of our house!
We have a cardinal friend..who EVERY morning flies into our back window if the blinds are open, and if the blinds are closed..he flies into the glass door. I'm talking every morning. Not just one time either..repeatedly. He drives Brad crazy, but I think it's flat out hilarious. Today though, I noticed he didn't come. When I mentioned it to Brad...his response was he probably broke his neck. I told Katie about the birdie and that he wasn't there this morning...and she said the same thing! Oh no our poor friend! I hope instead he just realized he couldn't fly through glass.

Have a great day all!

Congrats Laura and Daniel on your marriage this weekend!

Michner's/Standeford's....SOOOOO close!

Indiana friends...booked my flight..be home from June 1-10. Yay!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can our TV and our washer be friends with your TV and your washer?

LauraSuz said...

Thanks for the words Rachael! You’re too sweet. I wish you could have been there!

I married a great man. Sigh. I’ll have pictures soon of fun stuff!