Saturday, May 31, 2008

Excitement

Ok, so it's late, but as usual I'm not sleeping. Therefore, I decided to share a recipe I found for dinner tonight.
Let me just explain: I'm LEARNING to cook. I love to do it, I try to do it often, but I'm definitely still in the growing phase. Tonight though, Brad really loved it. (I have noticed this trend seems to be increasing which REALLY excites me) Anyways, tonight he took a bite, and made a funny face, which I thought meant it was bad. I have a hard time with my food being not so tasty. Then he said "those are seriously awesome" or something along those lines. It TOTALLY made my day. (Even more than my shallow but exciting purchase of a dress for the upcoming weddings.)

So, I thought I would share..so you can have some tasty shrimp

Nothing special, but we wanted to grill out tonight, and Brad's one request today was if I could find a fun recipe for grilled shrimp. I came up with a marinade from allrecipes.com or cooks.com, I love both of these. Here it is.

Marinade:
2 tsp. Paprika
2 Tbs. Garlic
2 tsp. Italian seasoning
1/4 c. Olive Oil
1/2 tsp. black pepper
2 tsp Basil
2 Tbs. Brown Sugar
2 Tbs. Lemon Juice (However I used 1 Fresh Lime for juice and that worked, I'm partial to limes, but I would try it if I were you)
2 Lbs. Shrimp - deveined and peeled, not cooked (I mention this because I may have made a mistake)

Pretty much, whisk that all together, throw in your shrimp, let it sit in the fridge for an hour and grill. DELICIOUS.

I can't even lie, seeing him smile after a dinner I made can totally make my year. Sappy moment: I love my husband. He makes every day exciting. He deals with me displaying every single purchase I make when all he wants to do is start the grill. He unloads the dishwasher when I'm being lazy. He even takes his flip-flops off in the house despite every part of him that wants to wear them every minute of the day. I even can get him to watch Gilmore Girls and laugh with me. And he always knows exactly what I need to hear. In short, I'm blessed and thankful. With all these weddings coming up, it's exciting to see others where we were a couple of months ago. I just love it.

End of sap. Promise.

Try the shrimp. If you don't like it, all will be well...but I was PUMPED! Yay.

Early morning tomorrow, I plan to head to the pool early for some sunshine!

4 comments:

LauraSuz said...

DAN WATCHES GILMORE GIRLS WITH ME TOO!!!!!! IT'S SOOO FUNNY!!!

We (sadly) have every season and have (sadly) watched every single episode!!

Can't wait to see you!

LauraSuz said...

*p.s. not "funny" he watches them with me but it's a funny show

Ryan and Jessica said...

We updated today!! Thanks for the reminder :)
We hear you all are coming to Springfield soon. We hope you both will be able to make a day trip to STL. Keep us posted if it will work! Miss you two!

Eric said...

Rachel, I'm glad that you're doing well in Texas. Joy and I are also enjoying our first year of marriage. It has been good, tough, and fun all at the same time. And, we're moving to Nashville, TN. I'm going to school to be a student at Vanderbilt. I'm glad I found your blog. Now I can feel better about being your friend once upon a time.