Tuesday, May 6, 2008

MIA

So, we've been MIA to the blogging world for the last week, and for that I apologize.

I have a reason though...
WE MOVED!! Yay! We are officially into our new home! So, we are without internet for a week or so, except when we happen to swing by the apartment which still has some odds and ends that need to be taken care of.

Saturday was our first night in the house, and the first thing I noticed was how QUIET it is. We live in the back of the neighborhood, with a "greenbelt" behind us. (Fancy way to say there are no houses behind us) No more LOUD cars and their super loud engines, no more people in the pool at 1am, no more city noise...it's just quiet. I love it! Also cool, I've never lived in a neighborhood before, so this pretty much fascinates me. Haha. Saturday, Brad and I ate lunch out on our driveway and just watched our neighbors...almost all of them were out in their own front yards. Down the street on of the guys had his and another neighbor's dog playing fetch with his 2 yr. old son. We had another guy 2 doors down doing yardwork. Another across the street washing cars. The people next to us were out playing basketball. I mean it seemed like everyone was out!

It feels like flashback to the neighborhoods you see in the movies from like the 50-60's. They're all friendly too. One man that had met Brad came down to introduce himself to me on Saturday, and then Sunday came over to invite us to cook out with them. We had other plans with Brad and Amy, but still so cool to be invited! We are just pumped! We have been praying for this house and for the opportunity to use it to serve the Lord, and he is just placing those opportunities on our doorsteps. Please pray that we do our part!

Sidenote: I'm not sure in prior posts that I ever mentioned the COOLEST neighbors of all. The Mullin's live 6-7 blocks away in the same neighboorhood! It's pretty awesome! They're such great friends..and now we can just take a walk if we want to visit.

So, overall the weekend was great but tiring. We got almost everything in the house..promise pictures again once my laptop has internet access. Sunday night we had dinner with the Bean's. We were pretty excited because we never really get to spend time with them..and they are an amazing couple! We had a delicious meal and a great chance to talk and see where Brad and I are headed with getting involved with the Stone.

Alright everyone have a great week!!

P.S. I started saying y'all..on a regular basis. It's like at work..it just flows out of my mouth. I'm not sure if I'm attempting some sort of southern charm or what...but it just happens with the patients. Everytime I feel SO goofy. This midwestern girl is getting some south in her. Whoa. Brad hasn't yet..but I'd be willing to bet...just wait and see.

3 comments:

themullinsfamily said...

Best neighbors ever! Woot woot :)

slivengo said...

Ok - for someone who made so much fun of me for saying "ya'll" and "fixin' to" - really??? Are you really picking it up yourself? Just don't start saying stuff like "Cut on the light." I never understood how someone could 'cut on' a light.

slivengo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.