Saturday, August 16, 2008

Birthdays and Memories....

So first off...when I posted on Tuesday I completely neglected a big happy birthday to two of my family members! Dad had his 50th birthday on Tuesday and I got to SEE him!! Sarah also turned 27 on Tuesday (whoa) and while I couldn't see her we did get to have a chat. Tribute to both below.

Happy 50th birthday dad! My Dad is an amazing man of God. He has been a true living example every single day of my life of what it means to walk with Christ. Growing up I never realized how wise he was, and now with each day that passes I realize more and more how blessed I have been to have Mom and Dad as parents. Thanks Dad for all my sweet and special memories. Thank you for our trip to Colorado, and to Tennessee, and for my 10 years of 4h taking care of my pigs because I was too lazy, and for listening to nursing stories when Mom isn't around even though I know they're crazy, and for letting me talk for 15 minutes with only about 2 words in on your part, and for loving Brad, and for helping us fix our house, and for my awesome softball memories, and for teaching me how to be a servant-leader, and for being a part of a marriage that has shown me how marriage should be, and for laughing when I'm mad at you, and for saying "be still" to me more times than I can count, and for all those times in college where you walked with me through verses so my faith could truly be my own, and for always supporting me, and for being the best dad ever. I love you.
My dear sister, Sarah, also turned 27 on Tuesday. (They share a birthday) Sarah, I miss you so much. Selfishly I wish you lived in Florida still sometimes so we could talk as much as we used to. I'm so thankful to have you as a sister, and I'm so thankful that after years of being brats we're friends now. Sarah is so strong, and has so many qualities I have admired over the years. Thanks for being my big sister, thanks for sitting on me and scratching me when I tried to fight you when we were young, thanks for helping me make our wedding special, thanks for birthing my beautiful precious niece, thanks for emailing pictures and updating your blog so sometimes we can have a touch of home, thanks for letting us visit you in Florida, thanks for letting me steal your clothes without ever taking mine (hahahaha right), thanks for always being there when I need to talk, and for sometimes making fun of me when I need it, and for always having advice for me even if I don't always take it, and thanks for being an example to me, and thanks for being you! I miss you, and I love you.

On to the visit.

No comments: