Tuesday, December 9, 2008

GREAT week!

We have had such a great last week! We have been able to have some time with friends, and with each other, and we've been learning, AND we decorated our house. I must say, I've been ALL smiles this week!


The finished products...
We also were able to go the the Heart Hospital's 10th Anniversary Gala on Saturday evening. It was a great time! We haven't been so dressed up in quite some time, and sometimes that's just nice to do. We had a great meal, were able to hear some neat stories about the hospital, and even danced a little bit. It was a nice date night!

On Sunday we had an ugly sweater Christmas party with our small group. It was great! The outfits were fantastic and we loved it! I'll post pictures from this very soon!

Overall, we are just so thankful to finally be on the same schedule. We really feel the Lord is going to use this time to grow us together and prepare us for whatever is ahead. We have needed some time to just be together, and thankfully He has blessed us with that. Hopefully, I won't drive my sweet husband too crazy.

Also a MAJOR highlight of the weekend. I learned to knit! A huge thank you to Amy Bean and Kathrin Campesi for the patience to teach all us ladies, I had such a great time! We had a little girly day on Saturday, and ate some good treats, learned to knit, and Shauna did my hair for the gala (clearly I should not be trusted with hair for an event like that), we had a great time!

Now, just two more weeks of work for us...which really equates to 6 days for me and 7 for Brad, and then we're headed to Indiana for Christmas!! I can't even explain how excited I am.

Then to South Carolina for a roommate reunion and a wedding for my sweet former roommate Summer! I'm pumped.

Hope you all have a great week! Be ready for the party pictures, I will give you a taste though. Cason, thank you for this.

2 comments:

Luke Clark said...

there is a creeper on your porch in one of those night pictures... you might wanna call pest control

Standeford Stories said...

Love seeing you put up your Christmas lights without snow, in the beautiful sunshine, but I bet it was a lot warmer there than it is here on those days that you think its going to be warm outside in December in Indiana! I love looking at the blogs and seeing the different Christmas trees! I will have to post some of ours now! Miss you & see you soon