Saturday, November 29, 2008

That time of the year...

Some pictures of our Thanksgiving...

This is my hawaiian sweet potato pie. Now, I realize it's purple, but did you know there are purple sweet potatoes? A nurse at work had this, and when I tried it I thought it would be so much fun to make for Thanksgiving. I will say, it is difficult to eat purple pie, but I maintain that it had a really good taste!

Our second turkey. This turkey was a team effort for us, and it turned out great! We had been researching the food network for some helpful tricks, and Brad happens to be creative, so I was pretty excited by how it turned out!The final product...we had a FULL meal!Lots of fun things coming up....
1. Christmas dishes coming out this week!!
2. Christmas decorations Monday!
3. A gala for the hospital's 10th birthday...we get to dress up and spend the evening together!
4. Christmas party with friends!!
5. Babies are coming soon....
6. Home for Christmas!
7. Snow in Indiana?
8. TIME WITH OUR FAMILIES!
9. Indiana Friends!!
10. Summer's wedding!

LOVE THIS TIME OF YEAR!

Time to decorate..have a great week!

3 comments:

Standeford Stories said...

There are purple carrots too!

Grandma and Grandpa said...

Sorry Rach, I can't bring myself to eat purple pie, I'll take your word for it lol. Mary Ann and I were making fudge years and years ago and she decided to experiment with food coloring. The fudge ended up kaiki green. Couldn't eat it. Have a great day, and I'm counting the days 'til we see you guys again. LOVE

Grandma and Grandpa said...

p.s. Your Thanksgiving spread looked delicious. You're turning into quite the cook, young lady!!!