Monday, January 19, 2009

Birthday Man!

My dear husband ages another year tomorrow...entering the world of 26. He's just so ancient. The theme for the week is All Brad All Week...so we've spent the weekend just hanging out and relaxing and tonight is our birthday date night. I'm pretty pumped because it's a surprise for him what we'll be doing. He's always being so sweet to me, so I'm excited to surprise him! We'll update that later after he knows where we're headed.

As for new news in the new year...
Starting one week from Thursday, I am officially a day shift nurse. While I am having torn feelings regarding this, I'm REALLY excited to get started and see how it goes. My hope is to finally prepare myself and then get to the CCU maybe in the next year. I really like what I do, day shift is just different than nights, so hopefully the transition will be smooth. Brad is still going to be on a night shift, but we will continue to have three days off together each week, so we'll make it work!

Other than that, we were given a Wii for Christmas from my family, and it's become our favorite toy. Our weakness is Rock Band which we purchased from Lisa and Matt, and it's slightly addicting. By slightly, I mean entirely. I love it. Brad loves it. It's more of that competition we like. We put it away through the week so we're not tempted to play too often, but come the weekends, Rock Band tends to find it's way back to the living room. It's a sickness, but we love it.

I'm a knitting fool, thank you to Amy Bean, and can't be stopped on my days off. Though, I'm currently stuck on a project and frustrated with that. No worries though, it's all in fun.

Life is just great down here. Had a fantastic Christmas break, a fantastic New Year's, work has been nice for both of us, Nearly/Newly is getting ready to start up again, and we've had lots of time to spend with friends. We're truly very blessed. Now, if only we could meet that niece of ours. That's about all for now. Have a great week!

1 comment:

Standeford Stories said...

Happy Belated Birthday Brad! Cant wait to hear about your suprises...Congrats on the day shift Rach-I think you will like it better because there will be a little more going on. All that advice from my 1 week working in a hospital, but I think I may be on to something! I've been trying to call you-So call me when you get a spare moment. I'm working 8-430 M-F.