Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Christmas Crazy!

We had such a great time on our travels at Chrismtas time, we were exhausted after but TOTALLY worth it!

We were able to both spend a whole week up in Indiana before we parted ways and Brad headed back home to Austin, and I was on my way to South Carolina, but it was a fantastic Christmas!

On Sunday we were able to spend the day and evening with Brad's family. We haven't seen his extended family since last winter time so we had so much fun catching up and just relaxing! Ally, Kelsey, and Kenny have all grown so much since we saw them last. They're so grown up! That Sunday it was absolutely bitterly cold in Indiana, and I realized that I have become a huge wimp when it comes to weather. (However, I do maintain that even my Indiana friends and family considered that day HORRIBLY cold! So wimps or not, we weren't alone!) Either way, we had a great meal and a great time just catching up with Brad's parents and his family. We wish we could see them more often!








On Monday, we headed back to Lafayette and spent the rest of the week at my parents' house. We were busy pretty much every minute, but we loved it! I felt like we were able to see most of our friends that were around, although we really missed some of you! Monday I was able to go shopping with Mom, Nana, and Roxanne which was great, and then we had a big family dinner to celebrate our December birthdays of the family. Even Uncle Mark and Aunt Margaret were able to come now that they live in Carmel! It was great! Played some cards afterwards, spent some time with Emily. Doesn't get much better than that.

The rest of the week is a bit of a blur at this point. I know we were busy every day and as alwasy it was so hard to leave! Coming home to Austin though, it was nice to be back to our house. Such a torn feeling.










We had one more day in Lafayette after Christmas, and I did some shopping while Brad hung out with Dad and then we had to leave. It's always sad to leave, but we're hoping to get back soon because the baby is here!!! Not to mention, we're SUPER excited for some visitors this spring and summer!

Speaking of that baby, Sarah and Phil had their new baby girl on Monday! I can't wait to see her! All for now! Hope you all had a fantastic Christmas/New Year's.

No comments: