Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My Heart

Ok, so usually I'm not one to post lyrics. I also don't like to share all my feelings out here, but tonight, and Sunday, I heard this song and it just gets me every single time. I think so often I fall short of His will in my complacency towards what breaks my Father's heart. Worshiping our God with these words, it makes me remember what my prayers should be so, I thought I would share.

I see the king of glory
Coming on the clouds with fire
The whole earth shakes
The whole earth shakes

I see his love and mercy
Washing over all our sin
The people sing
The people sing

Hosanna
Hosanna
Hosanna in the highest

I see a generation
Rising up to take their place
With selfless faith
With selfless faith

I see a near revival
Stirring as we pray and seek
We're on our knees
We're on our knees

Heal my heart and make it clean
Open up my eyes to the things unseen
Show me how to love like you have loved me

Break my heart from what breaks yours
Everything I am for your kingdoms cause
As I go from nothing to
Eternity

Hope you have a great week!

2 comments:

The Gibsons said...

oh my gosh, how crazy it is that you posted that just as i am going through a chapter on repentence in my Bible study right now! today i was reading David's chapters on repentence (psalm 6,32,38) and seeing his anguish of his own sins it's a wonder how i can sit complacent while breaking God's heart...you're so right!

"i am on the verge of collapse, facing constant pain. but i confess my sins; i am deeply sorry for what i have done." -psalm 38:17-18

Ryan and Jessica said...

Brad and Rach. That is one of my favorite songs at our church! We hope you two are doing well. It looks like you had a great Christmas by the pictures. Congrats on being an aunt and uncle again! We are excited for the honor at the end of March! :)
Have a great weekend!