Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Thankful.

So, Mom, landscaping pictures will come either this afternoon or Friday. Today though, just wanted to write a little about my heart. Corny? Yes. Oh well though.

Recently, we had a little bit of a stressful situation over here in our world. We have been broken and saddened and challenged all at once. We're always learning how to love like Jesus, and I'll tell you, I'm not that great at it. But, thankfully, He continues to give us opportunities to grow to be like Him. So anyways, we have talked to our families, our community group, and our friends about things, and I am just daily reminded about how thankful I am that the Lord has blessed us with people we love who love Him. Seriously. There is just something about going to a friend and knowing they are truly bringing it before the Lord with you. Or when you talk to your Dad, and you're crying because you just don't know what to do, and he prays over the phone with you from 17 hours away. Something about when a friend calls just to check in and see how everything is going. It's amazing. I've seen the power of prayer, and I've felt His hand on my heart and my life and I am just unbelievably thankful. I couldn't make it one day without Him, and whoa am I glad I'm not asked to.

So here I am, trying to be a child of God, walking through life with an AMAZING husband, families we couldn't live without, and faithful friendships that can always bring a smile to our faces. It's good. I don't deserve the blessings AT ALL, but I sure do hope I will live a life that daily shows my awe for Him. Life isn't always easy, but there is a total peace when you know you're not alone in it.

That's all I have. Sometimes, in the day to day, or in my goofy blogs I forget to mention my ultimate purpose in life. I forget to mention that Jesus died for us, that God gave him, His ONLY son, so we can spend eternity with Him. This is my heart. I want to see the world changed by people living for Him. I want to see people come to know Him and be in relationship with him. I want to see us not lost in the world around us, but in His amazing grace and goodness.
I want to live my life for Jesus.

2 comments:

David and Kathrin said...

So thankful for YOU!! Thank you for being such an amazing example of following hard after Jesus!! Love you Rach!!

LauraSuz said...

This is not corny. This is truth. And I'm so glad you have have it in your life. Life can get messy and thankfully we have family near us.