Monday, October 11, 2010

To Do:

There is so much to do...seriously..before the arrival of this sweet little man.

#1 on my list...become a mature adult. I have a ways to go on that one.

But really...we do have a ton to get done! Two weeks ago I sat down and wrote up a list of everything that needs to get done between now and then for both Brad and I...but each day I come up with things I need to add to it. We're steadily checking things off the list, thankfully!

I have so much on my mind these days...it's just like it can't be stopped...probably another blog for another day because that could take FOREVER just to type out.

Today though...I have to admit that nesting has kicked in. I have spent the whole day getting our closet all rearranged and organized so that it can be used for storage and all that good stuff. It's a little sad how much I like organizing things. Maybe I let things get a little unorganized so that I can take a whole day just to redo it! Sad to say..it could be a little true!

My plan for the rest of the day is to finish the other three closets. If I can finish all the closets then that's another thing to mark off the list. Woo to the Hoo! I know it may seem I have a fascination with this list..however..the issue is my mind -as previously stated - is going what feels like 100 mph and I feel like I can't focus on the actual really important aspects of preparing for parenting while these little small details need to get worked out. So instead...I'm taking some time to read and pray and prepare while getting all the little stuff worked out. My goal is then to have the last bit of pregnancy to spend just quiet and focused on this new little creation God is blessing us with and all the amazing things that go with him. I'm really hoping that the Lord will just grow us both over these next couple of months as we prepare more and more to raise one of His children. The enormity of that kinda shocks my core.

In other news...I'm thankful for the second trimester and the renewed energy! I finally feel like myself again. I think this is also LARGELY due to having three weeks off, spending time with family, and having a chance to relax with friends. However..being in the second trimester doesn't hurt at all. I feel like a whole new girl! LOVE IT!

And that's it...hope you have a great day! An update of the belly is below taken last Friday when we reached 22 weeks. I feel like the belly has maybe been on hold for a few weeks...most of the most recent poundage has found it's way to my facial area. Oh well! :) Little man kicks and moves and it's pretty cool. I can watch my stomach move which is strange but amazing! Ok seriously..that would be all for today!







2 comments:

Preston Goings said...

I am so glad your organizing got done. You look great. The little guy is starting to poke out just a little more. Awesome.

Ellen said...

now you know how i feel about being organized all the time! :) wish i could make it to your shower... call me sometime soon!