Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Insomnia.

So...the hours of 1-5am are QUICKLY becoming my least favorite part of the day.  It's currently 3:36am, and I've been up since about 1:30.  Guess who will be taking a nap during Noah's nap today.  

This girl.  

You would think I would be productive but I watched a useless movie on lifetime movie network (that I've already seen), and now I'm blogging.  (And pinteresting...and finding all sorts of things I want to make/do) 

Any chance Noah will sleep in tomorrow?  HIGHLY unlikely because this mama decided he was ready for bed at 7pm.  (We had a long day of cleaning/organizing- and he had a short nap.  So we decided he could go to bed and we could enjoy relaxing. Sweet boy didn't make a peep he was exhausted...but I'll pay when he's up here in 2-3 hours.)  

But you know what...I am SO excited.  Today my mom and dad came up and helped us put the finishing touches on the condo. I use finishing touches pretty loosely...it had a LONG way to go before they got here.  Around 10am this morning I specifically remember thinking there was no way we would get it all done.  I was so wrong.  By the end of the day we had a loaded storage unit, an organized garage, a newly installed garage door opener, a clean house including hands and knee mopped floors, dusted furniture, vacuumed carpets, and NO boxes.  (To be honest..one box left of miscellaneous things that will have a home once I get Noah's closet reorganized..but who's counting.) I seriously can't tell you how amazing it felt tonight to sit down in a home that was livable.  

The last month has been a bit of an emotional roller coaster.  Really longer that that, but especially the last month as we were living in chaos in Austin preparing for the move, while saying goodbye to those we love, and then moving here and being apart for a week at a time -twice. 

But tomorrow...I just get to be a wife and a mom.  I don't have to clean or organize.  I have normal daily things to do, and that's it.  I get to just be with Noah, and spend time with Brad.  It means so much to me.  So I am so thankful tonight, even though I can't sleep.  (Maybe that's why- because I'm so crazy (and I mean that literally) excited about the house.) 

I use parenthesis a lot.  

Here are some pictures of the new place.  We are loving it here so far.  It's very clean, and feels very safe, and the neighborhood is SO quiet.  The apartment in Austin most definitely was not quiet...so we are LOVING this.  

Our stairwell entry.

Our bedroom from our bathroom/closet area with my little helper posing for a picture.  I told him to say cheese...he stood so still but refused to crack a smile.  Silly boy. 

Kitchen.  
 Noah's room.  We decided not to set up a guest bed in this one due to space..but visitors you come right ahead.  You can have our bed or an air mattress. We don't care which we just want you to be here and be comfortable! :) 

I'm pretty excited because Brad is going to fix Noah's dresser now that we're moved.  We love that dresser so even if it doesn't fix I'll just remove the doors.  It will be eclectic. :) 


Our living/play area from the stairwell.  We have 400 more sf in this than the apartment in Austin, so it feels much less crowded.


It's a condo, a second floor condo but our stairs are private.  It feels pretty homey so far.  We'll be very thankful to find a home next spring, but we're very excited for where we are right now.  I'm learning to be content and present where I'm at..instead of always looking for a house.  It only stresses me out, and we've been so blessed.  So here are pictures! :)  The quality is not great as they are from my phone, but the boys are both sleeping away blissfully unaware of this girl's inability to sleep and I don't think they would enjoy their pics being taken right now.  

Have a great week!! 

No comments: