Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Looking up.

Things are looking up. :)

Had my first appointment with our new OB today.  It went well.  The nurse said that she actually goes to this doctor herself, and she also said he's super laid back and very gentle.  I was so glad to hear that...when you pick doctors off internet reviews..it's kinda a shot in a the dark.  We went 2/2 on doctors here so far.  Both the endocrinologist and our OB seem really nice.  I'm really glad.  It's weird..when they don't know you, ya know? They don't know I'm a nurse, or that they can trust my history- and it's not something I just throw out there when I meet someone ...like "hey I'm a nurse." But then they ask your occupation, and I tell them I'm a nurse, and then I feel silly that I didn't tell them from the beginning.  Silly little dilemmas.

We went to a new church this week and really liked it.  That was a HUGE answer to prayer.  We won't be able to go back the next two weeks because we'll be out of town, but are really excited to go back again.  It was so encouraging.  They have a mom's program during the week that I am on the waiting list for and hope to hear that I've gotten into soon.

We found a couple of really nice parks, and the weather has been AMAZING so that is awesome.

Our neighbors are really sweet.  They're all retired, but super kind and always talk to us when we're out.  There is a young couple who lives in the building next to ours, they have a child too.  I may stalk them into being our friends.  We'll see how that works out.  Hahaha.  I'm not ashamed.

One thing I'm especially thankful for.  Texting and phones.  :)  It's amazing the ability to call and ask, or shoot a text, to friends for prayer or just to update on life. Or for sweet photos of little ones that we miss.  I LOVE it!

We go on VACATION this week!  A Disney cruise with Brad's parents.  We are PUMPED!!  We also get to meet our precious new niece..I can't wait to get my hands on her and love on that little girl!!  How we adore our nieces!! Noah is super excited to see his cousins too!  I'm excited to see how Noah does with a little baby.

That's about it for now...but I am thankful!  It's been a great week! Hope for you too!

No comments: