Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The days can be long.

So since moving..and realizing we don't know many people here, the days seem to be a little longer. 

It's not that bad, because sweet Brad gets home much earlier from work now, so we have lots of time together as a family at night, but I find I'm having trouble filling the days for Noah and me.  

See since we relocated...Noah has taken to waking up at 6:15.  He hasn't done this in so long.  And with me not sleeping...it's been a little challenging.  6:15.  I know that's not really that early..Brad is long gone for work at that point, when I'm working I've already been at work for 45 minutes by that point...but I'm not sleeping.  So when you finally fall asleep around 2am...and then get back up at 6:15...it's a little challenging.

Although there is NOTHING better than sweet little man's smile when he wakes up.  He's into hugging now..so if I say "big squeeze" when I pick him up out of the crib I am rewarded with a huge hug.  MAKES MY DAY. Love that sweet boy.  

Last week we ventured out to a park...I was hoping I would maybe stumble upon a play group, but no luck so far.  I have no doubt though we are going to find some great friends here...but man are we missing those Austin friends of ours.  I am realizing more and more that one of the reasons being a stay at home mom was such an easy transition for me in Austin was because I had simply beautiful friends that also were staying home with their kiddos.  Noah and I spent many of our days, at least part of them, with these friends and their kiddos and we adored it! So we are craving some time with other women and children.  

Anyways while we were at the park, all the kiddos talked to me...but not so many of the mama's. One kiddo actually pushed Noah down and kicked him.  Then looked at me and started kicking him harder before I got over there.  WHOA mama bear just about came out.  Noah was just fine and I know these things happen, but it wasn't an encouraging start to our first park trip.  

So this week has been a little tough emotionally.  But I have hope! 

Because:
  I am LOVING all the family time we are having.  Brad has been home while I've been cooking dinner almost every day..rather than me having to time it so it's warm when he gets here...that is such a relief of pressure.



We took a walk last night with Noah in his wagon.  Adorable.  He loved it!  I told Brad I really want to take advantage of taking walks together most nights since the winter will take these away soon enough.  

We're going to try out a new church on Sunday again, really praying we find one quickly to dive into. 

Brad LOVES his job-which totally reassures me everyday in this decision.  

We have had lots of time with our extended family since moving here..and know there is more to come...we still haven't seen some of Brad's family that lives in Indiana so we're excited to get to see them! 

I get to see one of my dearest college friends Debbie on Friday.  I love EVERY time we get to spend together, and she lives not too far from here.  Which is fabulous, by the way. 

We have many awesome friends that still live in Indiana or Chicagoland area and we're going to get to see them SO much more often...and I LOVE that! 

I slept last night.  I actually fell asleep while trying to order 101 free pictures from shutterfly- the coupon of course expired at midnight and I slept right through it...but I don't care! I slept.  Maybe sleep will soon become my friend again.  

Brad is awesome and so encouraging, and does not at all get upset with me when I talk of missing our friends back in Austin, or our church (such as when I cried through service this week here hahaha), or my job (which seriously ruined me for any future job)...he just supports me and encourages me.  How blessed I am to have that man as my husband.  

Our home is a home.  And we are loving relaxing in it.  And Noah seems to totally dig it and not get so claustrophobic during the day.  


And most importantly I have hope because I know my God.  I know that when He leads us, He goes before us.  I know that while this time of transition is a little lonely, he has so very graciously allowed us to have time with people who are precious to us already since being here..and we have been so grateful. And he is So GOOD.  So I know that we are going to LOVE it here.  And that is exciting to me.  

That's it for today...kinda a downer of a post.  But I find it a bit therapeutic to write it out.  :) Have a great week!

No comments: