Monday, November 12, 2012

What an awesome weekend.

Oh my goodness.  This weekend was wonderful.  I'm so thankful, especially because of the week we have ahead and all the craziness that this will mean. More on that later..let's talk about the sweet weekend!  

We have to first give a huge thank you to Mimi and Grandpa Bud for coming up and hanging with our precious boy so we could have some Mama/Daddy time with friends!  

This weekend we had our first Austin visitor and we were so pumped!! One of our dearest friends, Anish, headed up this way to hang with his cousins and us for the weekend.  It was fabulous.  We had deep dish pizza, saw the new Bond movie, and braved the cold wind and rain to watch the Bears/Texans play some football.  It was awesome! Noah joined us on Friday night for dinner, but Carl and Rosemary kept him both Saturday evening and Sunday evening so we could go up to the city.  It was so nice!  Here are some pics...

My man.  I just love him.
These two are besties. 
Watching the Aggies ruin Alabama's undefeated season.  We root for the Aggies in honor of our dear Aggie friends back in Texas.  
At the game again.  We loved our seats.  We sat with Tom, Rose, and Alex.  Even with the rain...it was a great experience.  I do wish the Bears could have had a better game..but being a Colts fan it was a short mourning period for me.  (Jackie, I hope poor Alex isn't sick...I think he may have been the wettest of all of us) 


Before the game..we were with quite a few Texans fans...they let us borrow the flag but made me cover up my Bears gear.  
In honor of Veterans day..

In other news..because I'm in a picture mood (and a shout out mood) shout out to Rox and Jake!  Thanks guys for getting our dresser for us!  Rox is my go to girl on where to get the best deals..she filled me in on these online garage sale sites that she checks all the time and gets great deals. So I decided to join them and see what was in store.  Then BAM I found this beauty for 40 bucks on one of them (and Rox saw it for 35..so YAY I got it for 35) But of course it was the Indy group I joined..so those awesome Standeford's picked it up for us this weekend!  I'm so excited!  Seriously.  35 dollars.  Baby Duey now has his/her first item in our home! 

And finally..because this makes me giggle every single time.  Our son loves dogs..and this one in particular, though I'm not sure Gracie feels the same way.  Last week we were able to spend some time with El and Rose on Tuesday afternoon and Noah was digging it when Rose was feeding Grace some snacks.  P.S. El I edited the medicine part...but it makes me laugh out loud every single time! 

Also p.s. have I mentioned that I love being closer to El and Rox, and walking through these second babies together.  Love you both.  I feel like the Lord really blessed me with your friendships..especially when I was hurting so much missing our loves in Texas! Excited we've been able to spend time together lately :) 

And finally...we are closing in on two weeks til Austin!  YAY!!!!  Can't wait to see you all.  

No comments: