Thursday, January 17, 2013

2013.

It's 2013.  How on earth did that happen?

In 2013...
my sweet husband will turn 30.
our sweet son will turn 2. (TWO?!?!)
I will be 29. one step closer to the big 3-0.
we will be come PARENTS OF TWO.

TWO CHILDREN.  In 8 weeks or possibly less...we will have two little ones.

I am so so excited and so so overwhelmed all at the same time.

Talked a few plans with the doctor at my most recent appointment. We're currently waiting to find out if this girl has gestational diabetes...if I do (BOO)...then the doctor said he would probably deliver me early so that we have a chance to go without a c-section.  I'm trying to trust this will all work itself out and we won't even have to worry about this plan.  But also trying to be realistic about the fact that gestational diabetes babies are big...and we make babies plenty big without that.  So I'm praying no c-section is in our future.  I know all will be fine either way..I just know that those first weeks of living on the second floor with a toddler and an infant...after a csection.  Goodness.  It will be fine.

Either way.  I can't wait to meet this baby.  Brad let me go buy some clothes for baby this week.  I've been looking up strollers.  We're planning to transition Noah to a toddler bed here soon.  So many changes. So much fun.

I am currently trying to cherish every single minute with little man.  It's hard to grasp that all this precious time of snuggles and play will no longer be just he and I, but now with a little baby.  So cool.  I still feel like I'm a teenager sometimes..turns out I'm a mom- of 2.  Eventually I'll get it.  

On another note..about the diabetes thing...I went to have my blood drawn today for a three hour glucose.  They also needed to draw a hemoglobin a1c.  (Another diabetes test) I got a call at 3PM (after I had just left at 12:45) that they forgot to draw my HgbA1c and needed me to come back in.  ARE YOU SERIOUS?  4 sticks today.  That's how many are required for the glucose test.  Four times they drew my blood and they forgot that one.  So now, Noah and I have to go back tomorrow morning to do it again.  :) I'm so excited.  I don't mind the sticks or anything else...more just the inconvenience of having to go back to to the lab with little man.  But pretty sure there are worse things. 

If I am diabetic..I was that patient today..you know, the non-compliant kind.  I ate the WORST foods after I finished...I was starving. 

Also...my job is going well.  Tough, but ok.  So far...I have been kicked off of orientation, had an admission and discharge in the same shift, taken patients to places in the hospital I didn't know existed, had a patient pass away, and today had a sudden change in status of a patient at shift change.  That's in three shifts off orientation.  That may sound like not much..but I feel like I'm treading water.  I was super thankful today because one of my supervisor's came up and said she had heard "good things" about me...which made me hopeful that my coworkers must not think I'm totally useless. YAY!!

That's it for now!  Have a great night!

No comments: