Monday, February 18, 2013

Our big boy turned 2!!

I am a slacker and haven't taken his 2 year picture yet...that should happen soon.  :) 

But I do have some fun pictures from this weekend.  Just a few.  

We had a birthday party for little man down in Lafayette this weekend and it was wonderful.  We are so thankful to have family close by again, and we're thankful for our parents who love Noah so well.  We're grateful for my mom and dad who let us move in for the week plus hosted Noah's party.  (Which next year I would REALLY like to get to host Noah's birthday at our own house..that would be great.  It would be his first birthday that we actually get to host so I would be so happy!)  We're also thankful for Brad's parents who drove all across the country to be there to celebrate with us.  We're very blessed.

Our little two year old is rockin' and rollin' lately.  Here's what we're doing these days: 

His language has just taken off.  I love it.  He still won't really pair words together too often...he does sometimes but more often than not he just repeats one word over and over to get to what he wants.  I'm really trying to work with him on pairing words like such as "water please" which is actually more like (wa-wa peas).  It's hard because being with him every day I know what he wants...so I forget to make him put the words together.  We're getting there.  :) But he has a word for everything.  It amazes me.  I think it's crazy when he randomly whips out a new word.  LOVE IT.

He is learning his colors pretty well.  He knows yellow, black, orange, blue.  Occasionally he'll point our red and green.  He won't really call them out.  He mixes them up...don't get me wrong.  But it's super cute to watch him learn.  

He loves to color everything....he calls crayons "colors" and it's the most adorable thing.

He's in love with our niece Ella.  It sounds a little more like "Allah" But if you ask him who his favorite baby is he yells Ella.  Today we were reading a book and I asked him to point out the baby that was reading and he said  "Baby Ella" 

It's neat to see how his little mind works.  I had to run him up to the hospital the other day so that I could check someone on my schedule...he saw a patient on a ventilator...and he said "oh baby nigh-night" Definitely not a baby patient...but he definitely was sleeping.  So cute.  

He wants Brad and I to play with him all the time.  He's very specific about this.  He points to where he wants us to sit.  This isn't reserved for just Brad and I..this weekend he wanted Pop and Uncle Luke to to climb into the little boat and cars at the mall and ride with him.  It was very comfortable for them as you'll see in the pictures.  






He has a favorite little friend at school. Emily.  He talks about her all the time and his teacher tells me he says her name all the time at school.  So cute. She's adorable too..every day I pick him up if she's there she will bring me his coat, hat, and bag from his little cubby hole.  I mean seriously.  

He runs everywhere.



He tantrums.  LOUDLY.  Not all the time...but when it happens..whoa.  It's hard to know how to parent this well...but at Mom2Mom last week our speaker touched on discipline and talked about how important it is when disciplining to point back to God's communicable traits. I won't go into all that right now..but it's given me a lot of peace over these tantrums.  I am very very thankful...and feel like we're really getting somewhere.  Not that he has stopped with the tantrums..I assure you he's extremely good at it.  

He ADORES Brad.  I am in love with watching those two together. 

We have his two year well check next week.  I'm excited to see how much he's grown in his last year.  

He's going to be a big brother in about 3 weeks.  WOW.  

He went on the potty again today.  We're going to try this again.  Just easing into it for now...I bought him some big boy unders so hopefully he'll be excited.  He should move up to the two year old class at school soon and they actively help potty train so I figure I better get on board. :)  I'm not in a hurry.  But it would be great to have less diapers to buy.  










That's it for now...hope you had a great weekend!

No comments: