Monday, June 3, 2013

How it is already June.

I just wish time could slow down.  

But I guess they say time flies when you're having fun...and we've been having some fun so yay! :) 

We've been gone from home though..hence the lack of blogs...so it will be really nice to have a couple of weeks at home as a family.  

I don't have much to update.  We're house hunting.  We've put in two offers...so far no go.  One didn't get accepted and we walked away after counter.  The other we walked away after inspection unfortunately.  We L-O-V-E-D that house and everything about it (layout, location, size, yard, price - beautiful) but there were some issues with the basement..and we just knew we had to walk away.  It was a little bit heartbreaking for me.  I was already at that emotionally attached stage.  

But, I have to tell you, I have been praying hard about being content.  This is a battle in my soul lately.  I've written and not posted many blogs about the state of my heart...but basically they all come down to I have not been content.  But right about the time we found this house...I felt myself coming out of the pit.  And by that I mean...I feel the Lord physically dragging me out of the pit.  I've felt beat down and just a mess...but my God is so good and so faithful. And despite my ridiculously bad attitude..he continues to show me grace.  

All that to say...I started to feel like I was really coming out of this ick I've been hanging out in..but then  we walked away from the house, and I was so bummed.  But I am so at peace.  We both are..but thankfully Brad hasn't been struggling with contentment as I have.  But I know it was the right decision, I know the Lord will bring the right house at the right time..and I feel ready to trust His timing and plan.  And that's exciting!  :)  (This may seem kinda obvious..but if you had seen me the last few months...you'd know this is huge!)

So back to square one on the house front.

Our babies are growing! 

I'm attempting potty training with sweet Noah man.  We went 4/6 on potty and 2/3 on poopy today. That was day one.  So I was pretty happy about it.  I gave up after the last poopy if we're being honest. Last night was not a night of much sleep....I went to bed around midnight - Abby was up at 2, 4:30, and 5:30..then Noah was up for the day by 6:45.  So...not a whole lot of rest...so the last poopy did me in. Hahaha.  We'll see how all of this goes.  I'm giving it a solid try..if he's not ready we'll try again in a month.

I found two twin beds for Noah's toddler room.  We're going to paint them red.  I'm pretty pumped about it. 

Noah's been in the toddler bed for just under a month now.  He does great.  It has been a surprisingly easy transition.  He doesn't get up out of bed at all when we lay him down at night (usually) and at nap..sometimes I have to go in a couple of times and sometimes not..but he still naps.  The hardest part has just been that he's not sleeping as long or as late as he did...but that's ok.  And FOR REAL the sun is up at 5:30 here so it's not surprising he's up early.  Seriously sun - 5:30?!?!

Abby has become SUCH a smiley baby.  I'm i love.  I can't wait to hear her giggle.  She currently is sleeping in her car seat at night because she hasn't been feeling great.  Poor sweet thing.  She isn't sleeping very well at night so she's sleeping a ton during the day.  (a little discouraging since we were making some progress on sleeping through the night..but I think we'll get back to it!)

That's it..talk about a boring post.  Every member of my family has been in bed since before 9pm.  

I think it's time to join. 

No comments: