Friday, June 14, 2013

Summer is here!

Summer has F-I-N-A-L-L-Y made it's way to us up here in Indiana.

When I say finally...that is not an exaggeration.  It was a mild winter, but it kinda felt like it lasted forever.  

But we're here.  And we're loving it!  

I'm so thankful for some new friendships here in Allison-land.  It has helped us feel settled.  We have been aching for fellowship here, and we are really starting to feel it and we couldn't be more grateful!

We've been spending time with a couple from our church, and a couple from Brad's work.  Both have been such great friends so us...they are so thoughtful and genuine.  We have so much fun!  

What a wonderful God we have that sets up friendships no matter where we go.  

So we've been spending lots of time outside, and lots of time away from home.  It's awesome to feel like we have a social life again.  

We're still on the hunt for a house.  No go as of yet.  But we're on the same team.  And that's a victory, and I'm thankful, and I know that when we are meant to have a home we will.  And if we don't find one..there is a reason.  It's a daily battle in my heart, but I feel like most days we do ok.  

I'm doing a women's Bible study this summer and I am so excited!  We are having a play date at the splash pad next week with two mom's who are very connected in the church.  What an amazing blessing to my soul it was when they wanted to set something up right away. I have wanted to badly to get involved with the women in the church. 

Along with that...I'm going to be a table group leader at Mom2Mom next year.  I am beyond excited.  I have prayed for a way to get in and serve...and here it is.  So pumped!  Anxious. but pumped! 

It's been a great couple of weeks.  Brad's loving his job.  We've had some more quality family time. Noah and Abby are just A-mazing.  And I'm thankful. So so very thankful for this sweet family the Lord has given me.  :) That's where I'm at today.  Here are some pictures.  
Abby girl LOVES to be outside.

 Noah grimaces when he says cheese.  Someday he'll smile again for pictures. :)

 Getting some cuddles in with Mimi

 And with señor Papa. 


And Nana...girl loves her some snuggles 

 Day 1 of potty training. Which was surprisingly successful, but we aren't there yet.  We need a solid week to dedicate to being home...and it just hasn't been possible yet. But I think we'll be able to make it happen here soon. 

 He loves to go "nigh night" with blankets. 

 LOVE. 

 Love to be outside. 

 Sweet babies of ours. 

 She is just perfect. I'm biased. But still. She's awesome. 

No comments: