Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Christmas!!

I love Christmas!!!

You can probably read back over the last 8ish years on this blog and tell that.

Christmas is even better with these precious little loves in our life!

They were so excited (especially Noah) and had so much fun with their presents! I loved it.

Leading up to Christmas we decided to do "25 days of kindness"  as a family.  Basically we had a different service project, or gift for other people that we worked on up until Christmas. Each day they would open an envelope and then we would do the activity of the day.

CONFESSION: We didn't complete every single day. I think in the end there were 4 days we didn't get done...which makes me very sad...but also hopeful because that means 20 of the days we did do it.

Our whole hope for this was that Christmas would be focused and pointed on Jesus, and that our kiddos would remember that Christmas is about so much more than presents.  Also we are so trying to teach our babies about serving others and thinking of others first, and thought this would be a great way to do so.

It seems to have worked.  Don't get me wrong...we obviously have toddler moments.  But after a month of this Noah now pretty often tells me "we're thinking of others Mama," or "I need to give that to someone else mama, because we're thinking of others." So I feel like our message was definitely received.  Melt. My. Heart.

I hope we can continue this tradition each year. I think it was the best decision we made this year, and can't wait to do it again next year. And now...because I've not put pictures up of these sweet little loves in far too long..here we go!!











No comments: