Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Packing

Have I mentioned that I hate packing with a true, deep, burning passion? I get so distracted, and if I'm not distracted, I find a way to distract myself. Take today, I intended to pack, because Brad was exhausted so we had decided to just get things done around the apartment while he slept. Instead, I decided to sleep later than necessary, eat a bowl of cereal, go through the mail and organize it, find one bin to organize, lay back down to take a nap with Brad, go to Chili's for dinner with my small group, and back here to blog. This means, I have a TON to do before I go to bed tonight and work tomorrow night.

So here we are...blogging away about hating to pack..and still not packing. Procrastination...I am the queen. Oh well though, it will get done..because we're moving this weekend!!! :) That's right, we, the Allison's..should be in our actual HOME by Sunday night at latest. Even if everything doesn't happen to be in the house...we will be sleeping there and I don't care what it takes to get that accomplished.

In other news...we've had a week of accomplishments at the house. The yard is mowed and trimmed. We have a desk...thank you Lance and Lauren! (Special thanks to both of you and Aaron and Shauna for helping us relocate that desk on Sunday). The desk is so huge! We love it though...we're pumped to decorate the office, our desk is the second piece of furniture that has made it's way into the house. Tomorrow our TV is supposed to arrive. Poor Brad has waited while all our friends and his coworkers ordered TVs over the past year, and he's been patient in waiting until we had our house first. So the time finally came, and he got to order the TV. We're pretty excited.

We got pumped because we thought the couch was in, but I called Haverty's and unfortunately it won't be in until May 29th...to be delivered on the 30th. That will be a busy couple of days. Couch, Katie/Evan wedding, home, Lauri's graduation party, Rox/Jake wedding then back to Austin to enjoy the couch.

The living room is completely painted, and guest room #1 (nursery eventually) is halfway painted. Obviously not nursery colors yet..but sometime while we live in this house hopefully.
It's a lot lighter looking now that it is dry, I'll have to take a picture when we head to the house today. Our washer and dryer arrived, and Brad tried them out the other day. He told me we have the quietest washer EVER. Finally, the best news!!! The carpet is CLEAN! We had the carpets cleaned on Friday and they really did a great job. We're so excited, the house is finally move in ready. We have some more work to do...the walls need to be wiped down more, and some could still stand to be painted. Yay! That's all there is to it! Yay! We're so excited!

Other than house news...life has been great but busy. I have heard stirrings that there could possibly be positions open on days in the CCU, and I believe I may see if that's a position I could take over when I switch to CCU this summer. Brad also may be able to go to days in the next 6 months or so. It would be SO good to have a normal schedule, one where we got to go to sleep at the same time, and eat dinner together, and enjoy some normal social schedule. If not though, all will be well. It's been alright so far, and we both really enjoy the people we work with.

Alright..now I need to get something done..I'm sorry for the boring post. More excitement next time I promise. Maybe some jokes. More pictures..hopefully I can take some tomorrow. Hope you all have a fantastic week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure the Michner/Griswold wedding is going to be cooler than getting your couch.

Standeford Stories said...

Yeah, I second that about the Standeford/Southern wedding!