Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Hoosier Land

I just returned home from Indiana yesterday, and had a wonderful but bittersweet time. Thankfully, I had lots of quality time with both family and friends, so that was great!

Two major highlights...

Highlight #1: Brittany and Chad's wedding! These two are such a neat couple! They are two of our friends from Olivet, and it was great to have a little reunion of the Olivetians! Below are some pictures...

Brittany was a stunning bride! The wedding was perfect. They had a video where they told a little of their story, and I totally had some teary moments. God is faithful, and I love to hear a couple testify to that.

Highlight #2: Dad's Surprise 50th Birthday Party!
So Dad may have turned 50 two months ago, but that doesn't mean it's too late to celebrate. Sarah and Mom decided that my coming home was a good decoy for dad, so we decided to have some friends and family over for some BBQ on Sunday afternoon. It was great time to just spend time with the family I love so much! We missed Brad though! Had some time to just talk and visit with my family, followed by an awesome game of whiffle ball. We won! Aunt Jo, Chase and I rocked the outfield. Sarah and Baby #2 kept the pitching under control. Phil, Randy, Bradley, and Ryan saved the infield. WOOHOO!!!

There were some fun times! Aunt Jo caught Uncle Bob's pop fly, and danced...so then we danced for every catch we had. Dad would howl every time he ran the bases as distraction. I'm pretty sure Randy and Lauri collided. Lauri did the splits. I struck out, pathetic. There is just nothing like family.

After the game, the ladies all packed up and headed over to see Lauri's dorm room at Purdue. It is ADORABLE. I will tell you, I never had a room that was as decorated or as clean as her room! It suited her perfectly!

I was even able to see Kyle on Sunday evening as he came into town! He came by Ellen's just so we could hang out a few minutes before I left on Monday! We always seem to miss each other by a day or so on being in town, so I was thankful to see him! Leaving Kevin as the only cousin I didn't see..so Christmas better change that.

Nana and Papa were the cheerleaders. Apparently Nana ended her career with a fall during the last whiffle ball game. Papa did pinch hit for sarah, and I was her runner for one at bat. He provided us a single.



On the way to Purdue, and then in Lauri's dorm where we forced her neighbor to take our pictures! Kidding, she is a sweet girl and we didn't have to force.

Emily shopping...as she looked through the clothes if we said cute she said "ute." She also dug through my purse to get to those sunglasses below.
Additional Exciting times from the weekend:
I was able to see MANY friends, though not all and not for long. We're home for longer at Christmas though!

Emily is so big and so adorable! I can't believe how much she changed just in the short time since we saw her last in June. She now can say my name. (It sounds like cankle according to some family members, but she definitely tries hard) She says come here that sounds like "me're" while doing hand motions. She giggles at everything, and chatters all the time. She has names for everyone! "Kuh" (Luke), "Ori" Lauri, "Pop" Dad, Papa (whisepered) Papa, Nano-Nana, Mamy-Mom. I love it. Who knew it was possible to love a niece so much. We miss her tons down here.

As always, it was great to be back! We are looking forward to about 3 weeks from now when we will FINALLY be able to have the same schedule! Who's excited??? THESE KIDS!!!! As of November 1st, we will officially be back to the Wed-Frid schedule and Brad will go to work at 7, no more of this 11 junk. Yay! That's all there is to it, YAY! It may still be nights but it's together which makes it awesome!

All for now, hope you are having a flat out fantastic week!

1 comment:

LauraSuz said...

I just read about you sister! How exciting! Then I went and read her blog. They won't be in over their heads. With every child comes the grace to raise and love them according to God's will. What a happy time for your family!!