Friday, April 3, 2009

Brad's 1st post - Day on the Ranch

God wants me to become a rancher. His creation is awesome and I definitely haven't spent enough time enjoying it. Rach is much better with words but I wanted to share how awesome Texas is with everyone. I'm sure everyone knew how awesome it was once they saw the tarantula that crawled on our back porch. I spent the day subduing and enjoying Texas with my buddy David on his ranch. This is Abby, David and (his wife) Katherin's black lab. She is so calm. I think she slept in the truck the whole way there. I'm sure Rach will now use this picture to convince me how bad we need a dog. Still allergic. Maybe Evan's allergist can help.

We fed the cows from the hopper on this truck. Those cows heard us coming and took off running. I'll be honest, not the cutest animal out and definitly not the smartest but holy cow, I wanted a steak when we were done. I was thinking Ribeye the entire time. (I just realized I used "holy cow" in talking about cows...BRAD=NERD)






I already have the John Deere t-shirt now I just need to buy one of these then I'm official. Getting out on this hog was fun and I'm sure Larry (Rach's dad who has a similar tractor) will be impressed. I'm pretty sure I'm a farm accident waiting to happen but we had a good time. This isn't very long but its my first time so i'm sure the next time I post will be longer. Adios




3 comments:

EMICH said...

This is an incredible post. Really. Also, yes, my allergist can fix anything, primarily by providing the means to over-medicate with free samples.

Standeford Stories said...

Brad...you're a natural! BTW, the photography from the farm was great! I love it when guys blog..it helps me understand what they are thinking because really men are from mars! Miss you guys!

Unknown said...

Brad, you're a god hand. You're an even better photographer. You're welcome to come on back and do either or both anytime. I think maybe next time we'll cook up a brisket on the pit. Definately gotta have you out when we pin and work cows/calves in early fall. You like mountin' oysters?