Wednesday, August 5, 2009

My Favorite Thing about Austin:

The Austin Stone Community Church and the amazing people we have met through it.

Let me explain. Growing up going to Kossuth, I truly appreciated having a church family. I love so much about that church and the teaching there and the amazing families there. I love that that is where I grew up learning about the Lord. Then in college I found River Valley, which was amazing for when I was away from home. So basically, I was a little spoiled.

Needless to say, I was NOT excited about having to find a new church home when we moved here. I was scared and nervous and skeptical. Yes I, Rachael Allison, was skeptical. Brad had been going to the Stone since the first week he was in Austin, and I said "We're going to have to try a few different churches, we can't just go to the first one we try."

Yea right. We walked into that church two weeks from our wedding day and have not stepped foot out of it. The day we arrived back from our honeymoon, these people we cherish so much met us for dinner and made me feel so welcomed. Not to mention the few times we had been here before we moved, and the dinners/lunches/introductions that had already happened. I can't explain the way the Lord paved the way for these friendships, but I am so grateful.

Not to mention, the teaching at the Stone. We are daily challenged to grow in our walk with the Lord. This church preaches the Gospel! I am so thankful. It's definitely a little different than Kossuth, but just as Bible based, and that makes me happy! I always worried we wouldn't find one with the people like Kossuth had.

Every week, we spend time with friends and we are so thankful for the blessings they are to us. We are so far from family, and that's so tough, but these people have become our family, and they're AWESOME!

I thought of this today because last night was First Tuesday Prayer. The church has a prayer service each month, and I couldn't go last night because I was working late. I was pretty bummed about it, but after it was over Brad promised me we could meet for some frozen yogurt. Some friends came too, and it was nothing out of the ordinary, just a night out enjoying the beauty of Fro Yo. After we went home though, I just thought it was just the perfect ending to a long day. Ending with friends that you can really just laugh with and walk through life with. I love it.

So that's it, I love our life here in Austin. I love these people that we do life with.

1 comment:

Shauna said...

And we love you!