Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Wicked!

So last night we went to see Wicked with some of my coworkers. It was FANTASTIC! We (I) have been wanting to see this since college, like junior year. I know that maybe that does not seem like such a long time - but three almost four years! Whoa! So you can imagine, when the tickets came up at a decent price, I JUMPED at the opportunity! In Chicago, at least the sites I looked on, those tickets cost $100-200 and when you're in college, you know, you're broke. Brad wasn't super pleased with me when I told him I intended to buy the tickets...he told me I'm not easy to surprise since he planned on buying tickets for me. Whoops.


Anyways- it was great! We had such a good time! It's funny, cute, sad, lovey-dovey. All the good stuff. I must say I thought the costumes were so pretty too. Last night the understudy played Elphaba, the Wicked Witch, and in NO WAY could you tell she was an understudy. She was amazing. The woman who played Glenda was hilarious. As a sidenote - she had also played Sharpay in the national tour of High School Musical...and not to say I follow that sort of thing (though I have been known to be a fan) I could totally see her in that role!

ALSO - for those of you in Austin. If you're interested in going, and you don't have a ticket - they have a raffle before every production for $25 Orchestra section seats. Those are good seats! You have to put your name in 2 hours before the show, and then they do a raffle. I mean, that's a good deal! Go for it, that's all I'm saying.

In other news...the garage is officially organized! My next project that I started today was the closet. I definitely had let this get a little out of hand. I apologize deeply to my mother after her perfect organization when she was here...it went a little by the wayside. Anyways, I'm organizing and trying to get rid of clothes that my sweet husband doens't wear anymore. I had to stop in the middle, I got a little discouraged. This will be my last project of the week. Seriously.

Also - we are Indiana bound in 3 days!! Yay!

3 comments:

Jackie said...

We saw Wicked last Sept. up here in Chicago and I loved it too! I knew it left the area, but I didn't know it was traveling... awesome!
Glad you liked it, see you at El's wedding!

LauraSuz said...

I've heard nothing but great things about the show. We've ALWAYS wanted to see it but never have. We listen to the soundtrack over and over again last summer though. 'Popular' was our favorite.

The Gibsons said...

awesome! just watched jersey boys downtown on friday, which was brian's first musical...so proud of our cultured hubs! :)