Friday, November 13, 2009

Weekends!!

It's the weekend! I'm excited!

This weekend means:
No work
Time with my love
Time with friends
Celebrating baptism with a dear friend
Rest
Football
One week away from Indiana
One week away from both our families
One week away from back home friends
One week away from the girls' shopping trip with my family
One week away from my dear friend's wedding
One week away from our precious nieces
Just over a week away from Thanksgiving
3 more shifts before I become a CCU nurse

I love this time of the year.

This week has been tough. I've been feeling a little under the weather, and I've been GROUCHY. I think I'm nervous. This job changing thing..though awesome...it's intimidating. I've been in this job since I graduated, I love the people I work with, I love my patients - and while I'll still be with the same doctors and the same hospital...everything else is changing. For those of you who know me, change is NOT on my list of favorite things.

In the position I am now I feel competent, sometimes even good. I love what I do and I'm confident that for the most part I do it well. But starting November 29th, I'm willingly choosing to know nothing again. It makes me sick to my stomach. AH!

Anyways...so I'm praying for peace. I'm depending on God because I know he's going to be with me in this...but whoa it's scary. And seriously..grouchy Rachael has got to go...I don't know what to do with myself. I was found out I was getting a patient the other day and I got all teary. I think my coworkers were at a complete loss, I am not one to ever be upset at work, so to see me cry is kinda shocking. I'm so thankful though, because when that patient rolled up..there were 2 nurses and 2 techs there doing my job so that I could take a minute to breathe. I love the people I work with. I love being a part of a team.

So that's my life story.
Have a great day!

No comments: