Friday, January 15, 2010

Look what I found!!!

Today I left to go to the gym (that's right still going strong...) and I found this little man outside digging out our poor neighbors' yard! I was so excited I called Brad to tell him and he promptly told me to get back in the house and get the camera. I'm glad he did. I haven't seen ONE of these since we've lived here, except for the little guy under the porch at the ranch...so I was so glad to see him! So I went..took some pictures, and then scared him away so he would leave their yard alone. He gave me the heebie jeebies..but I think they are some of the strangest animals I've ever seen!
Here he's going to town on the yard..oblivious to my existence... And then I scared him..
and then he waddled away. Hopefully he didn't stay under that car.

In other news...Brad and I have been working out pretty regularly. He's lost 10 pounds...I've lost 0.1 pounds..maybe - on a good day. It's a little unfair. It's worth it though...I'm kinda loving it.

And finally, and most seriously...please pray for those in Haiti and around the world who have been experiencing this tragedy first hand. If you're in Austin...please attend the Hope for Haiti benefit concert Monday night...here's some info.

http://aaronivey.com/?p=9498
and Aaron's wife's blog..with some other ideas...
http://dreamingbigdreams.net/?p=3532
or..
http://www.aaronivey.portmerch.com/stores/product.php?productid=17149&cat=0&page=1&featured

My heart is broken for those in Haiti. I am struggling with watching the news and not knowing where/how we can help as a family, so for now I'm just passing on the info I have from others.

And that's all I have....take care!

No comments: