Friday, January 8, 2010

Sad Day

Ok, so moving here from Purdue country, we haven't exactly experienced a football national title game that really MATTERED like last night's did for Texas. I'm always going to be a Boiler girl at heart, but I've fallen for the Longhorns..and since we don't have to worry about them playing each other, that works out just fine. So I cheered hard last night!

But...my heart hurt for that team. Watching them lose their quarterback, and then the struggle through the first half...to come back so very close in the 4th quarter. It was heart wrenching. I felt for Colt McCoy and the fact that he had no choice but to watch his team struggle, and I felt for that poor freshman who was clearly trying so hard. I think he's going to be a really good quarterback too, I'm no football guru, but I think he'll be good. Anyways, so I was sad for them...and we left our friends' after that fumble near the goal line when the score was 24-21, and I turned the radio station off of the game because I didn't want to hear the end. But I missed this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVsSvx3UQOY

and then I read this (Thanks Marisol)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=jn-texasreligion010610&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

..and anyways, I think that's pretty awesome.

3 comments:

Dave N said...

I just saw the interview before coming here…love Colt McCoy's heartfelt trust in the Lord in spite of the pain he was feeling.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

LauraSuz said...

I'm sorry - this is completely unrelated to this post but I wasn't sure if you'd be over at The Cookin' Sister's again anytime soon but it's about the pumpkin roll! I wanted to send you that link I had in my post(actually I thought I did a couple years ago) but I remember thinking you might be offended by it so I guess I didn't. You should try making one again using the tutorial I did.

Okay now I'll go read this post!