Sunday, April 11, 2010

Bedroom redo..

So we have finally finished painting and almost decorating our bedroom. We need a few more touches of another color, and something on the walls, but already we feel like we have an adult bedroom and we're so excited about it!! Here are the before and afters that will prove why we're so excited..

So this was our original bedroom. We obviously had the linens prior to moving into our house, and the room was already green. We really didn't mind the color, but the walls were kinda a wreck and so it was time to fix that problem.
Our nightstands, which I can't help but love since we've had them since we got married...this one came from the dumpster at my apartment senior year. The girls before us had it painted different colors, and Brad sweetly refinished it for us. I do like it because I can totally hide my books in there.
This one Brad acquired from Shauna and Aaron when he moved down here. It had a matching coffee table, that we had when we were in the apartment.
Our furniture from my bedroom growing up. This is all now in our guest bedroom reunited with the matching bed and I love it in there to now have a matching set in both rooms.
Excuse our mess, you can't tell but we're already priming the room so it was all out of order.
Here's the almost finished product. It took 12 samples to land on this paint, which we knew we liked all along because our friends have it in their home. Go figure.





There you are Mom! They're finished. I still need some SERIOUS work on the sewing skills, but by the third one I had it down! I'm ready to start all sorts of crafty things, I've been scoping out the blogs, but nothing has sparked the interest yet. Hopefully soon.

That's it, nothing too important, but it makes it feel like a home!

And we're out. Hope you have a great week!

7 comments:

themullinsfamily said...

Oh ugly side table.. I hope you find yet another happy home. Now Rachel, you're sure you dont want a pair of gold couches?

Ellen said...

looks great rach (and brad)!! good job on the pillows...you have a sewing machine right?? b/c that makes doing stuff like that sooo much easier!

Robin and Larry Clark said...

Looks great Rachael. You and Sarah are both getting so crafty.

Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Wow, it looks so nice, Rachel! Just like all the home improvement shows! :)

Standeford Stories said...

Looks good, but I cant figure out what color is on the wall? Where did you find your bedding?...I'm looking for some for our new bed when we move in, but its all pretty expensive!

P.S. take the gold couches...and buy slip covers for your front room! Thats a steal :)

Look at thriftydecorchick.blogspot.com shes awesome at decorating...I've been following her for a while now!

slivengo said...

OK... I totally have bedroom envy now. :) Your bedroom is BEAUTIFUL. Love the colors, the furniture, the snazzy pillows. Great job!

Also, I have comment envy! Since when did Mom start (or learn how)to leave comments?

Ok... also, Emily saw a tulle skirt at Target today and said "Mama! I can wear this when I dance!" I'd like to think she is referring to a ballet class or something... but no, she's probably thinking about playing the "Just Dance" game on the Wii! Great! Anyway, I told her to ask you... since you are crafty... maybe you'd make her a tulle skirt. Just sayin'

Emily said then "Rachael lives with Uncle Brad! He's silly!"

I think the entire Target store may have heard her...just so you know. :)

How's that for a super long comment?

David and Kathrin said...

Looks Amazing!!! Way to go w/ your sewing...I'm so proud!!!