Monday, April 4, 2011

God is SO good.

So lately...I have just been absolutely floored by the goodness of the God that we serve. For real. I want to share just a few examples, because I just have to.

1. For us...in this moment in our life..this is the absolute perfect picture of his goodness in our life.
2. But let's expand on this. For example...before Noah was born you might recall a post I made about finances..and all that jazz. Well a little more detail about that - our company was purchased and our short term disability was understood to be temporarily taken away, and we also no longer had the choice of whether or not to take a paid day off when we were canceled at work. Well those two things combined with a low census really was going to seriously limit what my maternity leave would be able to be. THEN - we were able to stop taking our paid time off if we were canceled, and they fixed the short term disability thing, and BAM my worries were out the door.

3. But then our insurance would cost us an arm and a leg once Noah was born if I wanted to work part time - and then Brad's amazing boss increased what he was reimbursing us for insurance. This made it possible for me to only have to work one day a week, having six days home with our little man, and to be able to keep my awesome job.

4. Do you remember when Brad and I went through foster care training? Well at the time..we just weren't sure what that looked like for us...yet we knew that our hearts were being led to something in that area. So we were certified for babysitting/respite and we have found that at this time our fit is to serve the families that are doing foster care. So we've been able to love on the Mullins' kiddos, and NOW the Lord has opened the door for me to love on the Griswold's new sweet boys AND when the Campise's get kiddos I'll get to love on them too! Since I'm able to stay home all but one day a week, then on Tues/Wed/Thurs Noah and I will be sharing our days with little ones. I'm so excited! Talk about an answer to prayer!

5. This one...I have to admit..I spent most of the day with tears when it happened - and it's not even us. Our sweet friends Britt and Steve had their baby boy Paxton about a week ago. Pax had been breech while Britt was pregnant, and we had been praying and praying for that little one to turn. Britt really had wanted to have a natural birth so we prayed that the precious baby would turn so she might be able to. Well, the morning Pax was born I got the text that he was coming and thought "Oh no he hasn't turned yet!" Well it turns out that Britt had a condition that could have been so dangerous for her. If she had delivered naturally, it could have been a very serious situation..but GOD is SO good! He didn't turn that baby..He kept him breech. Pax was breech so Britt had a c-section, they found the problem, and she and Pax were both safe. How amazing when he answers our prayers with no. A no that means He has a better plan for us than we can imagine. Even now..I think of this and I am just amazed.

There are so many examples, like the Mullins and their move to Taylor and how the Lord worked that out, or the amazing friends and family that He has blessed us with, or how when Brad was unemployed he protected us so very much, or how we know we feel like financially we need to probably sell our house but we're still trying to decide what that means for us - but in the meantime while I'm not working they started a bonus program at Brad's work that is so amazingly helping us out and allowing me to stay home without guilt.

Anyways..He is a God that is SO good. He never leaves us. He knows the details of our life. Even when we're not sure where he's leading, or what the answers are, or if they don't seem like answers we want right now...we just need to wait for His perfect timing to understand.

That's it for today. Have a great day!

3 comments:

David and Kathrin said...

Love ALL of this Rach!! You are sooo right...The Lord is oh so good to us!! Love you sweet sweet friend. Cant wait for our kiddos to be loved on by you!

Standeford Stories said...

Wish you were in Indiana to love on Nora! I would love to have you watch her :( If only the Lord would move you back to Indiana-miss you!

Beth H said...

Wow! Thanks for sharing. I got tears in my eyes reading about your friends and their baby. Such a good reminder to trust God even when He's not doing what we think He should. :)