Thursday, March 31, 2011

Humility.

So this morning I told Kathrin I've really been humbled since having a child. I used to be so so very OCD about getting dirty, or our house being messy, or about life in general being messy. But since Noah came along I've really learned a lot about what does and doesn't matter. I've decided it's just a pride issue..my thing with everything having to be perfect...and so I really think that the Lord is using this precious little boy to teach me humility.

I think He's teaching me that life is going to be messy - more than just in the physically clean sense - but messy and complicated and difficult and sad. Until Heaven..here on Earth life is just messy. It's a sin filled world..we're sinners. Praise God that he gave us Jesus and the hope of the perfection of Heaven. But I want to be in the "grime" while I'm here. I want to accept the fact that I am just NOT in charge of this life, and I am jump into the mess of life and show others the love that Jesus offers. I really need to stop trying to be in control of my surroundings all the time. I want to be a tool for God..I want to be used..and if I'm constantly worrying about everything being organized..I'm really wasting time.

So that's what I learned today..when this happened! Plus..I learned it's so much more fun just to laugh at these moments than to worry about them. Also...it helps that my sweet friend Kathrin didn't worry about the fact that our little man was making a mess of her sweet house.

So prior to this...as we were eating breakfast Noah projectile vomited ALL over me, and himself, and Kathrin's rug..then he tooted. THIS was the result.

So then...he needed a bath..big time. So we decided to just throw him in at Kat's house, but I'm not all that talented yet since he's pretty wiggly and not able to sit up on his own. So this was the result.
Yep...in there fully clothed with my little man. We made it though and he was very peaceful after we finished.

That's it for the day! Have a great week!

2 comments:

Grandma and Grandpa said...

Awww, Rach! I'm so glad you are dialing down some, about messiness. I was 19 through 23 when I had our kids, and after having to be such a clean freak I decided, too, what the heck ~ it's gonna happen, so just go with it!!! Everything will turn be fine; but when you can have the pristine house ~ the kiddies won't be around anymore; so just enjoy. Love to all!!!

Standeford Stories said...

When you told me he pooped up the front I wasn't expecting that...holy cow! That's talent right there :)

I have to agree with you I was just telling one of our LifeGroup girls that I will now give all people with kids more grace if their house isn't spotless...I used to think eww...thats a little dirty or just pick up a little, but now I completely understand! I find myself apologizing to everyone who comes over that the house WAS clean before we went to the hospital. Even though I'm more conscious and will be less worried about it-I'm going to dust and run the vacuum tomorrow because it's clearly an issue!