Monday, September 26, 2011

8:47 am.

So we arrived home yesterday from vacation. We were gone a WHOLE week! Whoa. It was amazing! There will be an update soon, but today I will write about our morning.

This morning I woke up at 4:38 to Noah crying. Not really his norm I went in to calm him down, but just couldn't. My foggy little mind then remembered that he barely ate anything at his last feeding last night because he was so exhausted (apparently he parties hard on vaca) so I decided to feed him. Sweetly he then fell asleep so I decided to stay in there with him and cuddle until it was time to get up. (This mama loves cuddle time!)

So around 7:30 Noah and I both woke up. I got him out of bed, and realized he leaked through his diaper. Excellent. I also realized his paci had fallen out of his crib (those bumpers sure were good at keeping things in his bed) during the night so I laid down to reach under the crib where it was between the wall and the crib. It was still dark in the room and I picked up the paci and noticed that it felt rough, and I thought "Hmm..I don't remember that having texture to it" Then I look down and there are ants...ALL OVER IT!

I then went on to throw it across the room, scream, and run out of the room. Leaving our poor little man sitting on the floor wondering why his mama was going crazy. Brad also gave me a look of "what is wrong with you crazy woman." I then picked my brain back up and picked Noah up to play in the living room. Brad and I then went crazy trying to get all the ants. They seem to be coming in from the outside wall of our apartment. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Ants. Oh my goodness I hate ants...they make me feel like we have a dirty home. But seriously. It's not.

THEN. Brad left for work and had to walk back up because he realized he forgot his coffee. Then about 5 minutes later I get a call from Brad asking if he left his work keys at home...they aren't here. So Noah and I walked out to the car to look in there with Brad but we found nothing and then realized he left them at our friend's house. Problem solved.

But then. I have been complaining that something stinks in my car. Like smells rotten. I have searched for a diaper that might have been left in there, or food - but without any results. Yesterday when I mentioned it Brad thought it was just because the air was stale after sitting out in the sun for 7 days. But this morning he decided it must really be something. We did a search and TA-DA a rotten avocado. OH MY WORD. I had purchased avocados a couple weeks ago, and when I got home I told Brad I really thought I was missing one, but then just figured I was crazy and moved on. Oh no...I wasn't crazy..it was there...and rotting my car. Thankfully no bugs or grossness just a bad smell, so that's easy to fix.

We then said good-bye, and again Brad called out and gave me my license that I had left in his wallet while we were traveling.

OH MY GOODNESS. What a morning. And now here it is 9am. Noah is napping, I'm getting ready to pick up and eat some breakfast, and we're going to start over. :) Oh well. Just thought I should share. Life is great, the vacation was amazing - we were able to see Carl and Rosemary, and Sarah, Phil, and the girls, and my parents come tomorrow for a whole week. I'm sooo excited!

Have a great day! Updates soon!

No comments: