Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Heavy Heart

So this week as the fires have been raging around Austin, my heart has been heavy and so broken. Yesterday, I was walking through the grocery store and just could not get my heart off those people who have been affected by these fires, like the three coworkers I have heard of that have lost their homes, and that's only the ones I've heard of. Then I've watched the news and I hear something around 600 homes have been destroyed. 600 families right here near our city.

Last night, I was in such a funk. I was talking to Brad about it, about how I feel helpless to help them. It's like I forgot that God has this under control. That absolutely nothing happens here on this Earth that he has not ordained.

Then today I read Angela's Blog. Oh how this touched my heart, and oh how thankful I am that God is ALWAYS in control. Despite my weakness, despite my doubt - He is Good and He is Sovereign. Always.

No comments: